[Not a bug] Super ultra wide support 32:9

Super ultra wide resolutions 32:9

last edited by Focus_Camille
Focus Team

Hi @oliverg,

this resolution will not be supported by the game but thank you for your input and support.

How about 3440x1440 ? Game looks terrible with lower resolutions on this monitor (21:9)

last edited by Deschain
Focus Team

Hello @Deschain,

at the moment supporting 21:9 resolution is not expected.

Wow, VERY shortsighted decision to not support these monitors. So many people have them now.

agree with @oliverg

many models of ultra-wide screens have just been released or will be released in early 2019. Even strategy games released in 2013, as Rome 2 total war, support this type of resolutions !

@focus_camille said in [Not a bug] Super ultra wide support 32:9:

at the moment supporting 21:9 resolution is not expected.

This is extremely disappointing 21:9 is a common resolution now days and to not support this resolution is unacceptable and lazy. I was about to purchase this game, Lucky for me I had the foresight to search the forums before wasting my money. I owned BFGA1 and was excited to play the sequel, not now. I intend to tell all my friends to not buy this game as you stopped supporting the original all to quickly and left it in an unbalanced state, now in BFGA2 you can't even support 21:9 a common resolution. This leaves me with no faith in the team at Focus and Tindalos that you will even put in the effort to remove bugs or balance the factions. Fix this and I may by the game, Or don't and I will watch the campaigns on Youtube and then forget about this game. I also own Space hulk, Blood bowl and Deathwing but I won't buy another game that is made by Tindalos or produced by Focus ever if you don't support 21:9.

I've got a partial solution of the problem for thoose who have ultra wide monitor:

go in User>App Data> Local > BattlefleetGothic2 > Saved >Config > WindowsNoeditor > GameUserSettings

change ResolutionSizeX= by your monitor resolution ( ex ResolutionSizeX=3840)
change ResolutionSizeY= by your monitor resolution ex ResolutionSizeY=1080)

Do the same for LastUserConfirmResolutionSizeX= ( 3840fo rme) and LastUserConfirmResolutionSizeY= (1080 for me).

Then re lauch the game

Animated images of the main menu are stretched, but the resolution is good for all menus and text.

In game image is not deformed, but there is a lack of zoom out !!

@Focus_Camille : I can not understand how a game released in 2019 may not be compatible with this kind of monitor, especially in view of the little development work that it requires. I was happy to play this strategy game in the vastness of space on my screen. It missed!!!!

@Focus_Camille

this resolution will not be supported by the game but thank you for your input and support.

What a shame --> refund

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.