[Feedback] Forced Multiplayer

I wrote this in the quick start guide but have decided to make this a bit more of an official report. In order to level up to get skills or upgrades, you have to play multiplayer. I do not like multiplayer in anygame, ecpecially RTS, so this feels unfair to me and I am sure it feels unfair to others who do not like multiplayer. I hope this can be addressed with an ai skirmish mode that is unrelated to the multiplayer leveling (AI skirmish mode level 5 of necrons-multiplayer mode level 0 necrons(cause i don't like multiplayer 🙂 ))
I thank you for your time and hope this addressed before launch, the second beta, or (depending how hard that would be to implement) before the end of this beta.

last edited by Focus_Camille

I've already cancelled my pre order for this game due to this reason.

Unlike others I am not going to cancel my pre-order over this, but I would like to add in my two cents.

If you are simply the type that either prefers only skirmishes, or co-op vs AI, locking certain abilities behind multiplayer-only leveling is not fair to them. That was not the case in BFG Armada 1 and I see no reason for it to be the reason here.

I would make a suggestion.

I would like it if all upgrades could be available right from the start if you are playing either skirmishes, co-op vs AI, or non-ranked multiplayer. Sometimes you just want to hop on after a day of work and play a few rounds with a friend, or against a bot to unwind. I know that's certainly the case with me. Having abilities locked behind multiplayer only leveling is not fun in such a scenario. I would leave the leveling lock-outs to ranked play only. I personally have no interest in ranked play at all, but I know there are plenty out there who enjoy that kind of thing and they like the extra challenge. Leave the leveling lock-outs for them, while those of us simply looking to unwind or have fun with friends can have the whole range of abilities and upgrades.

@warmasterancaris WarmasterAncaris idea is reasonable and I see no reason why it can't be implemented easily and quickly. Honestly a lot of players want the old campiagn skirmish style for AI battles like in BGA1.

i wouldnt be surprised if the lockouts were removed entirely after the beta period... i think they are trying to push player in the ranked direction for whatever data they are trying to collect over the beta period.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.