Mudrunner 2

A feature I'd love to see in mudrunner 2 is snow/ice/permafrost. One large map with that to contend with. Mud can be handled, but how would we fair if half way up a hill we started to slide on some ice and couldn't stop? I believe it would add some extra challenge and I know as a console player, we'd be great full for the change we can't add ourselves to the game. And yes I know I should play on PC. I don't tho

It's a bit odd the game doesn't have snow. The base game is based on Russia and they gets lots of snow in winter, they are as bad as Canada in that regard. Then American Wilds expansion was based on America, who again also gets snow.

So it's really curious why snow was left out. You'd think a snow map would be obvious to include.

Other weather types would be neat to. Like maps with sunlight can be relatively dry with little mud needing meanwhile maps like the bog can be rainy and really soupy. Dynamite weather/landscape changes would be epic. Image starting grizzy creek on a dry sunny day but as you play it turns to rain and all your dirt trails get really boggy and soft, or it starts snowing making you slip on ice or get stuck in snow drifts. However, dynamic weather might be asking a bit much for this series, that's AAA dev Rockstar turf type of stuff, so that may notbe likely for this series.

But just having different maps with different weather conditions, I'd be happy enough with that.

Well, as far as I remember, there were plans to add weather to ST, but for some reason --- probably oovee problems --- the weather has never been added. This gives hope that the weather can be implemented and now in MR 2 it will appear. It would be great.

Adding snow and ice would be a tall order, that's why it's only a hope for me. It would involve new codes and mesh textures and the works. Also a idea for a challenge map I had, your in a valley with a timer. You have to get through the valley before it runs out or it floods brutal rapids that wash away even the biggest trucks. Idk but it sounded fun to me lol like keeping along truck on the flatbed trailer to finish the map without letting it touch the ground for any reason lol. Also am I the only one who's noticed the western star doesn't act like it has no torque or grip anymore? My first time using it was on down hill. It couldn't even leave the garage as a bobtail.

@justinlynch3 this would be amazing. And for chaotic fun. If you remain on the map after beating it for 2 hours it'll time. A tornado or earth quake strikes lol I'd troll my friends hard if that happened lol

Wow...XXXth "Mudrunner 2" topic...devs are so eager to spend weeks to read through all of them...oh, no! They will randomly choose ONE mr2 suggs topic and implement all from it...great lottery...

@stazco It's true that suggestions are one big mess. Two years ago or so, I suggested that moderators create one collective, dedicated topic / questionnaire / something where players could post constructive suggestions and vote for the most interesting etc. Something like that was present in the old oovee forum, but it did not affect the game's development at all. That's why I thought maybe it would work now, with MR and Focus, but well ... Anyway, the moderators say that they read all the topics, so maybe it makes sense to write after all🤷♂

I just wanted to talk about suggestions lol

last edited by kingnightshadow

@kingnightshadow Yes, yes, everyone wants snow. Was suggested a billion times. The most important question is whether Pavel wants it?

or rather if he wants it enough to implement it

@knight25 The thing I want most is for it to be more realistic. I've been in mud with military vehicles. The way the game treats high range in mud is unrealistic. Spinning the tires clears mud from the tread using centrifugal force and allows for continued grip. The fact the game forces you to move so slowly is very annoying. Especially in vehicles like the k5

@kingnightshadow said in Mudrunner 2:

@knight25 The thing I want most is for it to be more realistic. I've been in mud with military vehicles. The way the game treats high range in mud is unrealistic. Spinning the tires clears mud from the tread using centrifugal force and allows for continued grip. The fact the game forces you to move so slowly is very annoying. Especially in vehicles like the k5

Most vehicles in the game you can get around fine in 1-3. Though yea the K5 you has to be more careful in, it has a lot of power and spins it;s wheels to much.

@justinlynch3 said in Mudrunner 2:

Most vehicles in the game you can get around fine in 1-3. Though yea the K5 you has to be more careful in, it has a lot of power and spins it;s wheels to much.

Another thing that bothers me. The lack of a way to wentch when your truck is totalled, flipped, or out of gas. It may be a nightmare, I helped a buddy attach a hand crank wench and 10 blocks to his truck to pull it out of a hole when he bottomed out. m393 is super heavy especially when that was the rescue truck lol

@justinlynch3 said in Mudrunner 2:

Another thing that bothers me. The lack of a way to wentch when your truck is totalled, flipped, or out of gas. It may be a nightmare, I helped a buddy attach a hand crank wench and 10 blocks to his truck to pull it out of a hole when he bottomed out. m393 is super heavy especially when that was the rescue truck lol

Yea I hope they change that to. You should be able to winch yourself over. Actually I think Spintires let you do it. For whatever reason they changed it for Mudrunner.

@justinlynch3
Something I hope returns in mudrunner 2, the ability to change tires. Like how in spintires the b-130 could have chains and came with a differential lock. Idk why they dropped that feature.

@justinlynch3
Something I hope returns in mudrunner 2, the ability to change tires. Like how in spintires the b-130 could have chains and came with a differential lock. Idk why they dropped that feature.

Well the B-130 is based off what? A 60's or 70's pickup truck? It's pretty old. So was diff lock even a thing back then? I don't even know if limited slip diff's was a thing back then. Maybe the vehicle it's based on only had a open diff?

But yea tire chains would be nice.

Someone mentioned before having a money system in the game. This might not be a bad way to use it. We don't need to go full Farming Simulation with it, like I don't want to be having to buy garages, trucks etc. But lets say you had a truck like the B-130, maybe you could save up money buy more aggressive tires, tire chains, things like that. Just use it to access you extras without interring with the core game itself.

@justinlynch3
Yes diff lock existed then and im not a big fan of that, if it switched to a money system, it would get dull. I do hope the maps are much bigger this time around

@justinlynch3
Yes diff lock existed then and im not a big fan of that, if it switched to a money system, it would get dull. I do hope the maps are much bigger this time around

There is to ways to think of a money system.

You can look at it from the viewpoint of being a annoyance, or look at it from the viewpoint of giving you something to work towards.

A example look at GTAO, I owned the game since 5 years ago when it came out on PS3, and while I take breaks now and then, I keep returning to it 5 years later and am still playing it. There are still a lot of cars and other items I still desire to buy, that I still want to work towards. While the grind for money can get the better of any of us after a while, my desire to own said items for my collections keep me coming back.

Honestly if everything in GTAO was free and I was able to own everything day 1 and no longer had anything towards, honestly I would of gave up on GTAO years ago. But because I have goals, because there are still things I want to own, I keep coming back.

So a money system could help extend this games life in a similar way.

Money systems in of themselves aren't bad, however the ev's has to balance it.

Look when Rockstar got to greedy and insane overpriced everything in the RDR2 online beta, massive backlash from fans and last I heard Rockstar was going to balance it.

So in Mudrunner if we're making $500 per lumber load and it costs $2,000,000 to buy a C-255, then yes money systems becomes a issue. Though if we're making $500 a load and a C-255 costs maybe 30-40k or something, then that's not bad at all.

Everybody has their own perspective on it, but what really makes or breaks it is how the dev's themselves handle it.

@justinlynch3 i abandoned gtao because of the prices. I don't have enough time to grind for cash and im not paying real money for in game money. It would be interesting to see a career mode but I like the way it is now. Just, needs polishing and larger maps. Like 2-3 times larger. As well as a mode so you can spawn in any vehicle you want on console lol I've been doing custom challenges. Like hauling the 8x8's on the trailer and only a few maps can even have both trucks at the sane time

Well I had a time. I stopped my truck from tipping over with the winch, forgot the winch doesn't stay when you change to another vehicle, watched my c255 tumble down the hill on the map downhill.