Suggestion: Transparency effect on Big Guys

After playing with Wood Elves, it's pretty annoying if your Tree falls down, because you didn't saw the dwarf behind him.

I remember one of my favorit games of all time had such an effect, if you were behind a boss(That green silhouette .)

last edited by Spiked-Wall Man

I actually like this, it's happened to me and happened to my opponents.

Take the time to check the square obscured by the big dude.

It's almost a tactic to hide a piece there and hope people cock up.

Optionally, there could be a clearly visible marker or highlighting (some kind or red glowing silhouette/frame) when you select any player who is in enemy's tackle zone, notifying you about the fact. I think coaches could benefit from more clear depicting of situation on the pitch it will offer in a lot of other cases too, not just in the case described by topic starter.

last edited by Mori-Mori
BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

Some sort of "radar view" like FIFA etc might help give an overview.

Blood Bowl Moderator

@dode74 said in Suggestion: Transparency effect on Big Guys:

Some sort of "radar view" like FIFA etc might help give an overview.

This is a nice idea!

No thanks, it's made on purpose. Mistakes happen to everyone.
If you don t see the dwarf behind the tree, deal with it.

@koZkoZ said in Suggestion: Transparency effect on Big Guys:

I doubt it's like that :) Otherwise we also need to remove all those overlays, skills that are displayed over players' heads etc. The one of many points of playing BB on PC is that client will do a lot of tedious tabletop work for you and will visualize a lot of things you otherwise would have to remember. This is actually a core selling feature of the game.

last edited by Mori-Mori

@koZkoZ said in Suggestion: Transparency effect on Big Guys:

If you don t see the dwarf behind the tree, deal with it.

Blood Bowl is a "full information" game. It's not "on purpose" at all.

@dode74
A ''full information'' game? Like a Point and click ? Sorry i don t get it, it s like saying:
''Blood bowl is a 'share the pain kind of game' you know?''

Op is just complaining because he made a mistake by dodgding with his treant, and you know mistakes happen to everyones.
One time i ve make a bad dodge with a saurus and i made a turnover, not the end of the world.
Everyone playing a stunty team want to hide his players behind his big guys, he dont want them to become invisble for making the opponent life easier.

So yes, the non transparency of big guys, is made on purpose and i m fine with it. I think that everyone is fine with that because it s not a bug, it fit completly in the gameplay so there's no point to change something that s not broken.

T-down for this suggestion

Meaning it's a game in which everyone knows the complete pitch state at all times. There is, and should be, nothing hidden about it. Stats, skills, rerolls, everything should be known by both sides at all times. Only the deliberate RNG stuff (cards and dice) are unknowns.

The fact that you can't see behind BGs is something which can be improved upon. Certainly it's not game-breaking, but it can be better.

The fact that you can't see behind BGs is something which can be improved upon. Certainly it's not game-breaking, but it can be better.

So you agree to say that it s not needed to fix something that s not broken.
Thanks you )))

I didn't say it was broken in the first place. I said it wasn't as good as it could be. You, however, are claiming that hiding players is "on purpose", which it is not.

I didn't say it was broken in the first place. I said it wasn't as good as it could be. You, however, are claiming that hiding players is "on purpose", which it is not.

You are playing on the words but ok dude. If you say so )))

PS: you are a persistent guy

I'm not "playing" on the words, I'm being clear as to their meaning. You claimed it was on purpose, which it is not, and I have suggested an improvement, which is not the same thing as a fix.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.