Remove Airstrikes from Skirmish!

Like the title say's.. remove airstrikes from skirmish. Keep em on push that's fine. Makes more sense on push anyway. In skirmish the airstrikes don't do anything useful. They're just loud, and annoying. The entire reason my buddies and I got into skirmish was because people rarely called in airstrikes & it's a fast respawn game mode.. Now that the open beta is here... we might as well be playing push. Airstrikes dropping back to back. We can't hear each other. We're trying to scream over that bs half the match. It's lame. In fact.. it's to the point that we now take the commander spots just so we don't have to hear it. I absolutely love this game other than the airstrikes and I'd rather not have to do that but that shit is killing me. Gimme a break. Not everyone wants to hear that most of the match... and giving us firefight as the only alternative that doesn't have airstrikes is bs. Firefight is not too bad of a game mode to play here & there but most of the time it's not enjoyable to wait 5 minutes to respawn. Skirmish is where it's at... or was... come on guys.. Help us out here.

last edited by Hossfxr

If you don't want to remove it then give us a similar fast respawn game mode without the airstikes.. please.

just lower your sound settings wtf

Then I can't hear footsteps or anything else. Why would I want to play the game with the sound turned down.. Hell maybe I can just throw on some music too.. WTF.. No. How about they just remove it from Skirmish mode so those of us that don't like it have a fast respawn game mode without, and all the airstrike fanboys who like that bs can play push.

last edited by Hossfxr

@hossfxr said in Remove Airstrikes from Skirmish!:

If you don't want to remove it then give us a similar fast respawn game mode without the airstikes.. please.

You mean like...firefight? Either the rounds end fast, or you get respawned by a high intensity clutch, so as long as you aren't dying 24/7 and learn from mistakes, I'd consider setting your filters for that over Skirmish.

Fire Support has always been in Skirmish since the beginning of the closed beta, and NWI made it pretty clear they intended to have it in Skirmish. It's honestly nobody's fault that the Commander/Observer dynamic was underutilized on the majority of servers you played on, but fire support on Skirmish is perhaps it's least obtrusive implementation.

Thanks to a lot more freedom of movement in general, and overall map size, it takes some horrific positioning on one player's end, or some excellent thinking on a commander's end to make fire support both inescapable and lethal.

(As for it being annoying, quit being a sissy, and either turn down SFX, or turn up voice audio)

last edited by Goat Walrus

If you think the two game modes are exactly the same you obviously haven't played them both very much. Firefight is tryhard. Skirmish is casual. It shouldn't be a big deal to give us more game mode options to play without fire support or an option to lower the sound of the airstrikes a bit so they ain't so f'in annoying. Could care less about the airstrikes other than how loud they are honestly but whatever. If they do they do.. If they don't they don't.

last edited by Hossfxr

More like remove airstrikes from Sandstorm, but that's never going to happen. So when are we getting the option to queue for no-airstrike games?

Firesupport fits push game mode perfectly and adds to the immersion there. Other game modes could have server options for firesupport.

Fine with that but unless they are gonna add server options for official servers that wouldn't help. Not in current state anyway, as you can only rank up on official servers. You gain no experience when playing custom servers so... kinda pointless.

last edited by Hossfxr
This post is deleted!

@jensiii I'd argue that it doesn't fit the push game mode perfectly. Dying to bullshit doesn't add to immersion, no matter what game mode you're playing. What harm would be done by giving players an option?

@cyoce said in Remove Airstrikes from Skirmish!:

@jensiii I'd argue that it doesn't fit the push game mode perfectly. Dying to bullshit doesn't add to immersion, no matter what game mode you're playing.

Thank you for your opinion. If firesupport, grenades, RPGs etc. don't add to your immmersion, then they don't.

What harm would be done by giving players an option?

Nothing. I don't mind options.

Well either way... Best solution, they would give us an option to play any or all game modes without fire support... That said... I would be happy if they just removed it from skirmish. Whatever works. Just give us some options..