Hi everyone, I'm writing this lenghty post because I care about this game... I really want it to be as best as possible, but atm I have mixed feelings. I'll try to keep it as precise as possible for the devs:
- lack of customisation makes the fleets feel general and 'not our own'.
- larger map is a step in a good direction.
- asteroid fields are too small and make no difference.
- domination mode seems balanced, however people are afraid that it is the only MP mode out there (which will get boring quickly and might look like a money grab).
- ship models look wonderful, you guys have really talented Zbrush sculptors.
- people miss the shipyard and the ability to see their ships.
- Huge numbers of turrets make torpedoes obsolte, unless in end game, where you won't be able to use all. This is coming from a torp player.
- Turrets go through Attack Craft and torpedoes like paper.
- Lances seem too weak allround
- I love how fighters and attack craft work atm. Good job!
- typos (for instance Raven Guard not Raven Guards etc
- Individual ships need a CAP. Nobody wants to play against 4 battleships. Spam brakes the multiplayer. Well balanced games try to avoid that (for instance Corvus Belli's - Infinity the Game).
- some escorts don't seem to make any sense pointswise.
- discrepancy in the number of ships between factions can be felt. Some factions are boring and if possible, GW should be pressed to add more like the Drukari battleship.
- Different factions cannot share same skills, boring and lazy though understandable (balance)
- some sub-factions have additional skills making them a prime choice
- if possible add some skills/abilities to sub-factions, like some form of stealth for Night Lords or Baording actions causing Morale penalties, some demonic abilities to Word Bearers etc. Right now it's just a paintjob, with the lack of individual voice acting and abilities it feels lackluster.
Factions (baring in mind that ppl need to learn how to play a faction and how to play against one):
Oh well... let's begin with the most problematic races:
- Starpulse... is by far the most badly made ability in the game, along with the fleet ability to boost it's dmg. Necron players teleport, apply starpulse (for instance 4x 600dmg IIRC) - destroy everything and recall back half the map away. There is no counter, and spreading your forces helps, but they can simply repeat the attack. Every strategy should have counterplay - atm it's just pushing 2-3 buttons for a well-timed win while the opponent watches.
- fleet is really boring, too few weapons and variety forces Necron players to do the above (usually with 4x Scythes).
- thematic lack of shields is problematic - without the darn Starpulse, Necrons melt away.
- balancing this fleet should be the main priority and the most difficult task
- Current meta: 4x Scythe + extras for the above teleport action of death incarnate.
Adeptus Astartes - Space Marines
- Weak fleet - expensive and surprisingly squishy when compared to BFG:A1.
- Fleet focuses on boarding actions in which they don't excel, have limited number of attacks, and opponent's have a lot of countermeasures (abilities restocking troop count, a damn nasty scuttle mechanic)
- Bombardment cannons are ok, however the fleet cannot seem to dash out any decent damage.
- Currently playerrs run pase the enemy, apply boards, pray to the Emprah to survive and hope they can repeat. Even if a whole fleet attacks one enemy ship, it can either Scuttle and take it's revenge or simply restock the Troop count with their own boarding actions.
- Turrets go through Attack Craft and torpedoes like paper. Doesn't help
- Players should FEAR being close to SM. Atm they are happy to destroy one ship at a time, as the freightened Astartes players hopes he will survive the next breakthrough.
- Currently a top tier army. Big range, near-constant stealth and huge speed. Surprisingly tough and able to ram
- Stealth mechanic is really cool and thematic, yet players dislike playing against them .
- Some abilities attacking the opposing players Troop count are cool and thematic - maybe this should also be a focus?
- Current meta is 4x Battleships on hit and run attacks melting everyone away. Again SPAM = bad gameplay. Add CAPs to ship.
- 2 options: Nova Spam from Capital Ships or Light Cruiser spam.
- great ship models, yet almost no difference from IN
- we need more mechanicus-theme skills. Maybe some repair? Morale?
- difficult to master, difficult to counter.
- Asuryani already have a current meta of 4x Dragonships? - Extremely powerful and durable with near constant 80% dmg reduction?
- Escorts used to be better choices for Eldar then they are currently.
- Seem cool, people don't understand that they shouldn't ram with them, just use abilities, boarding actions etc
- Stealth mechanic is nice
- Very thematic abilities
- Dunno if the morale penalty to enemies isn't too big
- some players argue they are too squishy
Tau Merchants and Forgeworld
- Gamebreaking bug with the multiplication of escorts in the merchant fleet
- Hit like a brick, steer like a brick, takes the IQ of a brick to use them
- Great looking ships
- Gameplay should be tweaked for a more interesting playstyle then just shooting from afar.
Chaos & Imperial Navy
- most well balanced...
- except for spam, like facting 4x IN battleships, or 8 same Chaos Cruisers
You have advertised only one MP mode so far. People fear it is the only one. With the lack of progression and leaderboards providing no reward, the game might get boring very quickly, despite being a step in the right direction.
We need better communication - what can we expect more from the MP part of the game?
Maybe battle royale? sry, couldn't resist