Weapon ranges feedback.

Hello everyone!

In BFG:1 inside an battle there was a way to see each ships weapon layout including their ranges which allowed a player to easier set up engagement ranges.

In BFG:2 we need to remember what ranges and indeed what armament a certain ship carries in order to set up this engagement range. I think it would be much better if some changes to the UI were made so that we can see the weapons inside an battle.

Especially if the Imperial Compaign contains 3 factions which amounts to a lot of vessels, players new to the game are going to struggle to learn all the battery ranges at first.

Another issue is, it is much harder to see which weapon modules are critically damaged now aka which side batteries are dead.

Last thing is, that the engagement choice in the UI doesn't say what range it is, only describes it as medium, long etc. A tooltip has to be added that says that medium range 9000 units etc. I hope you find this insightful.

Whilst playing you can mouse over the weapon icon on the expanded unit info shown on the left hand side of the screen. This will you show you the arc and range of the weapon you are mousing over.

@bosie said in Weapon ranges feedback.:

Whilst playing you can mouse over the weapon icon on the expanded unit info shown on the left hand side of the screen. This will you show you the arc and range of the weapon you are mousing over.

You can even do this for enemy ships as well, if you select them and expand the unit info 🙂

I agree that destroyed weapons are a lot harder to identify on ally and enemy ships. Would be nice to make this more apparent somehow.

Ah indeed, I missed the collapse-able little menu.

Thank you very much for pointing that out.

However it would be nice if the range grids described the range in units instead of "medium" it should be "medium 9000" just like in the mini ship profile :).

I'd like an option to toggle this on/off for my ships.

the previous UI was better yes.
I still haven't found where to show the area of asteroid fields and nebula..