The Good the bad and the ugly

ThE GOODS.

Game Pace

You guys nailed it. BFGA 2 feels like a real naval game to me. And the increased fleet cap will keep the skill ceiling high. I also want to note that despite the fleets being bigger with the reduction in game speed are still equally managable. My friend who isnt a micro fiend felt more comfortable playing this game than the old BFGA.

Streamlined Costumization and abilities

The days of rampant mobesque and arcady ability spam and unsolvable head ache inducing balance problems are over

This was a good step in the right direction.
Is it perfect no but its better. Im pretty sure you guys will find a happy balance so both the PVPers and Single player guys will be happy. But dont cave to neither sides. The second you you go full tomato on costumisation you will lose the PVP crowd and whatever balance managment you planned.

Sound effects

Are good. Id give them a 7/10 needs some tweaks but it will do for now

The BAD.

Sub faction

Some people brought up some good points about sub factions being irrelevant. I think you guys got a few choices to remedy this. Slight [SLIGHT] tweaks in few ship stats could make supfactions stand out from one another

For example DeathGuard could get 2 extra crew
The lost and the damned could have slightly cheaper ships
Iron warriors have small bonus may be 10+ to armor

Etc etc

These dont have to be huge differences. Just small difference

The UGLY

Sub faction skins..... Where are they. I dont see em and marks for skins aint gonna cut it.

Pretty happy with the direction the game is taking.

last edited by CANNED_F3TUS

@canned_f3tus said in The Good the bad and the ugly:

ThE GOODS.

Game Pace

You guys nailed it. BFGA 2 feels like a real naval game to me. And the increased fleet cap will keep the skill ceiling high. I also want to note that despite the fleets being bigger with the reduction in game speed are still equally managable. My friend who isnt a micro fiend felt more comfortable playing this game than the old BFGA.

Streamlined Costumization and abilities

The days of rampant mobesque and arcady ability spam and unsolvable head ache inducing balance problems are over

This was a good step in the right direction.
Is it perfect no but its better. Im pretty sure you guys will find a happy balance so both the PVPers and Single player guys will be happy. But dont cave to neither sides. The second you you go full tomato on costumisation you will lose the PVP crowd and whatever balance managment you planned.

Sound effects

Are good. Id give them a 7/10 needs some tweaks but it will do for now

The BAD.

Sub faction

Some people brought up some good points about sub factions being irrelevant. I think you guys got a few choices to remedy this. Slight [SLIGHT] tweaks in few ship stats could make supfactions stand out from one another

For example DeathGuard could get 2 extra crew
The lost and the damned could have slightly cheaper ships
Iron warriors have small bonus may be 10+ to armor

Etc etc

These dont have to be huge differences. Just small difference

The UGLY

Sub faction skins..... Where are they. I dont see em and marks for skins aint gonna cut it.

Pretty happy with the direction the game is taking.

I wouldn’t say balance headaches are over, but agree overall.

@nemesor-xanxas Yeah i agree. It will be more managable and they are gonna need every bit with the extra factions.

@canned_f3tus I appreciate at least that the days of stasis stunlock are over. Nova spam has gotten a second wind though...

@nemesor-xanxas yeah. They will have to tweak those prices for nova cannon ships. I find they should be almost as expensive as carriers

And the stasis stunlock was stage 4 cancer.

last edited by CANNED_F3TUS

A lot of balance to do but its beta. Seems ramming is too effective, necrons ships getting rammed by imp cruisers even with their armor doesn t seems right.
Also nova spam vs necrons... they don t have the mobility to avoid, just bait the TP then nova then.
Not sure the necron heal was working. In a game my ships were in the healing stance but didn t get any HP

@beernchips said in The Good the bad and the ugly:

A lot of balance to do but its beta. Seems ramming is too effective, necrons ships getting rammed by imp cruisers even with their armor doesn t seems right.
Also nova spam vs necrons... they don t have the mobility to avoid, just bait the TP then nova then.
Not sure the necron heal was working. In a game my ships were in the healing stance but didn t get any HP

It does work, it’s just over thirteen times slower than shield Regen, so not very noticable. Or useful.

Its strange coz according to tooltip you should regen 2hp/sec but I get 0 for some time.
Last thing whats the range of microwarp jump? (or any other name) because it seems to be half the map which is a bit OP with eldars and their mobility

@beernchips like shields, their hull regen has a start-up time before it kicks in. don't know the time, probably something around 10sec like shields. there are some anti-shield upgrades that increase that time for necrons further.

last edited by Fosil

Necron slow or no heal could be a bug

@canned_f3tus said in The Good the bad and the ugly:

Necron slow or no heal could be a bug

No heal maybe, but it is purposely designed as 1hp, so ultra slow is “working as intended”. It should at least be half as good as shields, not overthirteen times less potent.