Strategic point suggestions

I have seen a lot of hate concerning both the strategic point mechanic, and Dark Eldar being OP, and I think I came up with a solution to both problems.

The issue, as I see it, is that the current strategic point mechanic gives an advantage to fast and offensive races as they can bounce around and loosing one point is not an issue since they can just capture the next. I don't think that the issue is that Dark Eldar are OP, but rather that the nature of the objectives makes it easy for them to execute their ideal strategy (isolate ships and kill them).

I have a number of suggestions to fix this but they all have one theme, there needs to be some way to prevent victory due to points that involves playing more defensively. Here are three possible suggestions:

• (King of the Hill) Have a special strategic point located in the center of the map be a essential. As long as a player controls this point they can not loose due to points. This would allow slower more defensive fleets to take this point and focus on defending it rather than
  • (Capture the Flag) Have each player start with a strategic point that must be captured by the enemy before they can win by points

• (Assassination) A player must kill the opponents flagship before they can win by points.

Any way, these are just suggestions, interested to hear what others think.

This does sound very interesting, actually. Of course it would be an asteroid mine or an STC excavation side that needs to be held, but the idea is sound. Would support this.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.