Rockets hitting invisible objects

Trying to shoot a rocket out of a window or door is now risky. If you are shooting at a bit of an angle it explodes in your face quite often. I thought it was just me until I heard a couple others talking about it.

Yes I just saw a dude in my game who used RPG only to explode in his face.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@mlb7 said in Rockets hitting invisible objects:

Trying to shoot a rocket out of a window or door is now risky. If you are shooting at a bit of an angle it explodes in your face quite often. I thought it was just me until I heard a couple others talking about it.

+1

definitely a weird hit box issue for me

Been playing around with it all night and its terrible. Objects seem to have a huge hit box. You can't shoot near trees or busted vehicles. They catch the rocket every time.

This has been happening since the last couple of patches. seems like the rocket itself is 2 feet wide and it gets snagged on pretty much anything, leading to some "collateral damage" if you will....
hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Happens with grenades and launchers too. I can be staring at empty space between a stair and post and the thing just blows up in my face or bounces off the air. Pretty absurd.

Confirmed !
Please Devs, this needs a fix !

not only the hitbox are weird but the rocket has a delay (between the moment when u shoot and when it goes out) and makes it impossible to fast shoot it, often you'll explode yourself if shooting from cover

@ne3zy said in Rockets hitting invisible objects:

not only the hitbox are weird but the rocket has a delay (between the moment when u shoot and when it goes out) and makes it impossible to fast shoot it, often you'll explode yourself if shooting from cover

I think it's a good thing that players cannot just flick it.

Yup, blew myself up last night trying to shoot a RPG through a window..

As for shooting explosives out of windows, I ALWAYS shoot the glass out first. This is something I see in many games (not just insurgency).

This was an issue I thought they fixed (which was one of the bragging points of Sandstorm). I was in the middle of an open field. I fired my AT4 and it blew up in my face. I mean cmon.. it's an open field what kind of total BS is that??

For those of you exploding yourselves, are you moving immediately after firing the rocket? As ne3zy states,

@ne3zy said in Rockets hitting invisible objects:

the rocket has a delay (between the moment when u shoot and when it goes out) and makes it impossible to fast shoot it, often you'll explode yourself if shooting from cover

This delay and the projectile collision through a small window may be what's causing you to self detonate.

@ne3zy I have even had a weird deal where after the rocket shoots they kill me, and the rocket disappears and never hits the object. I find that strange.

@adroit-tyro possibly sometimes. But for instance just last night I was near a van but 0 objects were near my scope or the rocket. the rocket leaves the launcher only to hit clear space near the van and blow up.

Same here. It was absurd.

I would think this is worthy of a hotfix. Clearly the devs do not agree as I keep blowing myself up in new and exciting ways. Haha.

I understand changing hitboxes is a lot of work, but we could at least have a bandaid feature in the meantime that disables rocket detonation if too close.