Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - Forging a Sequel
Community Manager

A few days ago, we announced the development for PC of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 with a Reveal Trailer. Today, we invite you to meet the passionate team of long-time Warhammer 40,000 fans behind Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, the real-time strategy game that portrays the epic space battles of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Discover never-before seen images of the game, and learn what makes Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 a full-blown sequel!

Youtube Video

Romain Clavier, Co-founder & Game Director of Tindalos Interactive, and Aurélien Josse, Co-founder & Art Director, describe their ambitions and how they are making Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 better than its predecessor in every way.

For the first time in a video game, the latest story development in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Gathering Storm and the 13th Black Crusade, will serve as the canvas for the story of several dynamic campaigns. The game will also bring all 12 factions from the original tabletop game, playable in both solo and multiplayer, including the highly anticipated Necrons and Tyranids.

0_1517334206406_BATTLE_MAX_01_Screen_Version_MIX_V3_light_logo.jpg

With bigger battles, refined gameplay, improved multiplayer modes and features for a better and more balanced online experience, improvements across the board and even more customisation options for fleets and ships, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 promises to be the ultimate Warhammer 40,000 space battle experience!

Finally get a sneak peek of the creative process at Tindalos, a team passionate about the Warhammer 40,000 universe since their childhood - a passion that followed them to this day and is evident in their work.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 is planned for release on PC in 2018, and will be first presented to the press during Focus's yearly event in Paris, le What's Next de Focus, on February 7-8.

last edited by Webmaster

I will put up an analysis of information in the morning... we have a lot of stuff to play with...After much combing through the video I have made my analysis, feel free to take a peek. And yes, my poor humour is bad, I apologise.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/3367/forging-a-sequel-analysis-observations

last edited by Archmagos Alexi

Trop génial! Votre passion est belle à voir les gars! Un bien beau projet que vous êtes en train de nous concocter, et de ce que je vois, je suis sûr que vous avez le talent et les ressources de le produire de manière sublime, un peu comme Streum on pour Space Hulk Deathwing. Quand on voit tout ces talents déployés, on est vraiment fiers d'être français ! Les batailles de vaisseaux cathédrales se prêtent tellement à des scènes majestueuses pour nous qui sommes de la génération albator! Vraiment hâte de pouvoir jouer le Maccrage's Honour qui est vraiment magnifique ! Donnez nous des nouvelles dès que possible !

last edited by AstartesUltra

I want to be cautiously optimistic

i really do

for all my bitterness i dont hate the first game, just the way it was treated

i genuinely hope that the devs did learn from the mistakes made in the first game

that it is better than the first one

last edited by Duotian

If this game does well, you should consider contacting Amarillo Design Bureau to get a license to do a "Star Fleet" style game set during the general war.

A gorgeous video.

2:25; Appears to be the Phalanx, at first watch I mistook it just for a super space station, but then I noticed the engine glow on a subsequent watch hunting for details.
2:00; Craftworld doing craftworld-y things.
1:20; Possible World Engine? Likely an active Tomb World instead.

Other observations.

Possible battle in Commorragh? Guilliman's flagship to show up as controllable or boss ship for story-related missions.

Tyranid spore 'shields' seen actively attacking in close proximity.

For the negative.

The Lightning Arcs on the Necron ships don't seem very lightning-y. Though I suspect the 'doom beams' may be the particle whips.

Hi guys!

I just registered to say a few things on this game, my version of the good the bad and the ugly. I imagine at this point you've already got the game quite a long way into development, but I still want to lend a few thoughts from a consumer perspective.

First of all, I really enjoyed the first game. It nails the 40k universe in terms of theme, storyline and artwork. I think the game was technically quite diverse for what it was, and fun to boot. The races played as you'd expect, and the customization options were pretty good.

But the bad: The main problem with this game was the actual technical stability of the program. Ive installed it on multiple machines, some quite old and at the lower end of the specs list, and some far exceeding the recommended specs, and in all cases the load times are unpleasantly long. For slower machines, the load screen sometimes lasts for 5-10 minutes. Looking at other forums, I am NOT the only one who experiences this. Then there is the lobby and multiplayer options. There should really be a way to create a group of friends and choose who to play against, or indeed just to pick your friend as an opponent. Basically to cut a long story short, this games multiplayer could be really good fun, but the constraints of the multiplayer system really hold it back.

TLDR: The game's premise is great. The game itself MUST work better across systems and really needs a simplification of the game menus. We want to fight across the galaxy, not be lost in the warp of menu screens and load times!

Well, so far the video appears to show I was incorrect about the T'au being split in to auxiliaries (Merchants) and core T'au (Protector). It is literally just "T'au" and "better T'au", apparently.

Dark Eldar ships appeared in the trailer though, that was cool to see. As did quite a few of the "big ships" of 40,000.

I am really looking forward to the game now. While I know it won't be the game I would have loved to see in the first installment (much slower and more focused on positioning than abilities of the ships) bigger is in this case definitiley better.^^ The game looks nice, and the devs dedicated to making it better than before. It is not common for developers to openly accept that their product was good...but could have been much better and they are now working hard to get where they already wanted be with the first game.

And btw, nice Chaos tattoo. Will get my Space Wolves ink this year. 😉

Love the Warhammer 40K universer that Games Workshop has created and own a lot of the games set in this universe.While I want this game. I had so many technical issues with the first Battlefleet Gothic Armada I game resulting in an unplayable game, it that it makes me as a consumer, hesitant to spend my money on another focus product. I want to be optimistic and give you the benefit of the doubt but the way you treated me when I sent a technical issue in and telling me my video card was not strong enough, then upgrading my video card to a several hundred dollar top of the line card and still having the exact same crashing freezing issues with no response from your support team when I let them know the issue was still happening. Your going to have to really convince me those customer support problems have been fixed.

@hjalfnar_hgv - My next Ink will be the Adeptus Mechanicus skull and gear icon.

@iowan80 said in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - Forging a Sequel:

Love the Warhammer 40K universer that Games Workshop has created and own a lot of the games set in this universe.While I want this game. I had so many technical issues with the first Battlefleet Gothic Armada I game resulting in an unplayable game, it that it makes me as a consumer, hesitant to spend my money on another focus product. I want to be optimistic and give you the benefit of the doubt but the way you treated me when I sent a technical issue in and telling me my video card was not strong enough, then upgrading my video card to a several hundred dollar top of the line card and still having the exact same crashing freezing issues with no response from your support team when I let them know the issue was still happening. Your going to have to really convince me those customer support problems have been fixed.

Just from an outside perspective, if you were struggling to run the game and simply swapped a video card, I'm thinking the rest of the system probably wasn't up to the task either. I'm no fan of Tindalos, but that doesn't seem like it's on them.

My system is weak as balls, and even I got it to run just fine.

@romeo The game did have some issues technically. I had a brand new gaming rig and loading into the game took forever (i mean it still worked but...)

@nemesor-xanxas said in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - Forging a Sequel:

@romeo The game did have some issues technically. I had a brand new gaming rig and loading into the game took forever (i mean it still worked but...)

Oh, make no mistake here - load time sucks.

But actually being able to run the game? I managed that on an FX-4170 and R9 280X (Both pretty old and weak components). Just seems like if they had to buy a video card for the game, the rest of the system probably isn't up to snuff either.

@iowan80 Mine possibly some additional stuff for my marriage tattoo (10 years this summer)...but after this I'll get my Great Company badge on my right shoulder, and maybe later the Imperial Aquila on the left.

Please tell me BFGA II will be available on mac. I was so looking forward to BFGA I and purchased it on Steam, stupidly not checking the platform, only to find it was only available on Windows. Please make it available on MAC.

Community Manager

@sylr said in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - Forging a Sequel:

Please tell me BFGA II will be available on mac. I was so looking forward to BFGA I and purchased it on Steam, stupidly not checking the platform, only to find it was only available on Windows. Please make it available on MAC.

It won't be available on Mac at release, but it could be something coming later down the line. Have a nice day!

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.