We are releasing a patch today to address some issues and add some final polish for the launch of Insurgency: Sandstorm. A big thanks to everyone who participated in our alpha and beta tests. Your feedback was immensely helpful in the development process. Enjoy, and we'll see you in-game!
- Added unlimited texture pool size option, which is necessary for those choosing to keep their textures loaded in memory. This should be used with caution and only on high spec machines with sufficient VRAM and system memory.
- The "Bug Hunter Tattoo" has now been made available for pre-order players
- Added first person deployed aim down sights transitions.
- Updated Security Combat Glasses to be darker and less reflective.
- Added new grenade sprint animation.
- Updated jump and landing animations.
- Fixed an issue where the updated Competitive Firefight rule set was not being applied correctly.
- Fixed Competitive placement match counter displaying 0 matches completed.
- Fixed an issue with the first person foregrip bipod on the M16A4.
- Fixed an issue with the Play menu UI after returning to it from other menus.
- Fixed an issue where the initial automatic benchmark was also being run on dedicated servers.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings menu was not accessible from the Replay menu.
- Fixed an issue where the Explosive Drone would occasionally not detonate if it could no longer path correctly.
- Fixed an issue where certain particles would render over smoke particles.
- Fixed various floating weapon issues on third person characters.
- Added the Alpha AK to the Insurgent Competitive Assaulter class.
- Updated +10 round extended magazines for FAL, G3A3, and Mk 17 Mod 0 to cost 2 supply instead of 1.
User Experience Improvements
- Removed blurring from the post-match victory screen to allow visibility of players using VoIP.
- Updated AI driving logic to ensure they don’t drive too fast around dangerous corners and crash into walls.
Map Balance & Fixes
- Fixed terrain issue with river tunnel.
- Cleaned up HLODs.
- Adjusted restricted area on Checkpoint Security B.
- Moved cache E objective to a better protected location on Checkpoint Security.
- Fixed broken counter-attack vehicle spawn on Checkpoint Security.
- Fixed minor material issue.