Disable Anti-Cheat for Mods

Listen, I get that Tindalos has a raging hard-on for multiplayer this time around. But that stupid Easy Anti-Cheat means you can't modify anything in the game, otherwise it prevents the game from booting. Can we request that failing the Easy Anti-Cheat (Hereafter referred to as EAC) does one of the following instead:

• Disable EAC if booting the game offline.
  • Disables ranked multiplayer access.
  • Disables ranked multiplayer access and achievements.
  • Disables all multiplayer access.
  • Disables all multiplayer access and achievements.
  • EAC asks if the player wishes to boot as a modded game, which can do one of the above.
  • Give us a separate directory for mods that EAC doesn't check, and put a mod option in the main menu of the game.

I recognize the first BFG wasn't exactly mod friendly, but it wasn't straight up antagonistic about it like BFG2.

last edited by Romeo

Its going be hard for me to continue playing this game for a long time if we never get to use the 1500 point mod. Agree with you that we should be able to boot the game in offline mode without the EAC.

@ultrascythe said in Disable Anti-Cheat for Mods:

Its going be hard for me to continue playing this game for a long time if we never get to use the 1500 point mod. Agree with you that we should be able to boot the game in offline mode without the EAC.

For me it's the "super ships". I think those would be a riot to have in assassination missions and the like. But in general, I don't get why the game is so utterly anti-mod.

@romeo said in Disable Anti-Cheat for Mods:

@ultrascythe said in Disable Anti-Cheat for Mods:

For me it's the "super ships". I think those would be a riot to have in assassination missions and the like. But in general, I don't get why the game is so utterly anti-mod.

I mean it’s obvious why, they are going all in on multiplayer, probably because they didn’t ever fix it last time and people complained endlessly.