Armor and damage model desperately needs a rework

New weight system is BAD call . The old one wasn't making a player godlike in any way . This game doesn't have to many weapon attachments so at least let us use what is available to us .
And how about scope switching options ? for example X2 can be flipped back and forth some x4 scopes has ironsights on them ,why not to put it to use ?

last edited by Sts

devs just didn't want that whole ap round problem again

I am pretty confused with the armour system. I saw a damage chart a player made and it seems like there is no difference between shots needed to kill someone without, with light and with heavy armour ?!

So there is no advantage to wearing armour ?! or am i missing something?

I understand the why the devs didn't like the AP meta but this game is nothing like the insurgency that I feel in love with.

There are still major hitreg issues making most guns feel like pee shooters, the MP7 for example can't kill anything passed 10m. so fixing that will likely make the game fell all lot faster and more consistent.

But I still think armour should be removed as it will make the TTK more consistent and easier to properly balance.

My major dislike of this current configuration is people can cross roads without dying as this was something you had to be careful of in the old game because you literally died in one shot. I still think that this is majorly influenced by things like hitreg is this games so I'm not too worried ATM.

I believe bullets still need to deal more damage. Last time I saw someone shooting a bot in the dick with the 7.62 G3 and yet the bot didn't even flinch. When 7.62 doesn't kill instantly, which in real life, can tear your fucking arm off literally, you know the damage models needs a rework.
It seems as of this moment they kind of represent balance, as 5.56 guns deal the same damage as 5.45, but it needs to add about 50-75% more punch power to every single gun. That way a 5.56 or 5.45 can ONLY be a 2 shot kill weapon if the person is wearing body armor and was shot at distance or maybe through a door / any other other obstacle, that is penetrable by the given caliber.

I'm also very sad to report that still 70s weapons still handle a lot better than modern firearms which is absolutely unreal. It's the EXACT OPPOSITE.
Tried the AKS-74U and I could actually control mid range shooting in full auto better, than shooting single shots with the M4 / G36K with the foregrip attached. I mean how the hell is this possible???
To anyone still doubting the G36 for example:
Youtube Video

So please add more damage to all weapons and make the freaking modern firearms handle better. There's a reason the modern armys don't use those cheap ass, outdated weapons.