Engine sound should be quieter & muffled when inside.

That's one of the basic things that this game is missing. The truck interiors basically have no sound insulation whatsoever.

@unster trucks of that age didn't have good sound isolation. Even modern 2 1/2 ton and 5 ton military trucks. Have little to no sound issolation

@kingnightshadow
I wouldn't expect "good" sound insulation (it's not a luxury vehicle) but the interior engine sound wouldn't be identical to the exterior one. It's just the nature of sound.

@unster said in Engine sound should be quieter & muffled when inside.:

@kingnightshadow
I wouldn't expect "good" sound insulation (it's not a luxury vehicle) but the interior engine sound wouldn't be identical to the exterior one. It's just the nature of sound.

Since we're talking about Trucks with little to no sound isolation, then shouldn't cab view if anything have louder sound, seeing your right up next to the engine?

It could still be muffled to a extent yes, but it would be louder wouldn't it?

@justinlynch3 I would expect it to be a little muffled & a little quieter compared to being outside right in front of the engine. In this game the engine sound is identical in both cases, as the game simply takes into account distance of engine from the camera.