How to install SpintiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map, Battery Winch and much more!

The latest version of SpintiresMod is v1.7.4 [ Download Here ] (32 mb)

If you've had Spintires Plus in the first game (Spintires 03/03/16), or you are completely new to the game and are wondering how TC9700Gaming, RockRunner Gaming, Spun have the Dev Tools and battery winch, you've come to the right place!

SpintiresMod is an executable program. Meaning you download it, install it with a setup wizard, and go from there.

0_1528590024615_stmod.png

Once you have installed SpintiresMod with the setup (which I assume you know how to do that. If not, ask below for guidance), it will launch. On the top left there is a box that says Mod Settings as seen in the screenshot above. Click that. Then, this window will appear.

0_1528590649911_modsettings.png

Click Install... on the right under Spintires Mudrunner Directory. Another window will appear that shows all your folders and drives.
Navigate to 🖥 This PC
------------------------L🖥C:/
----------------------------L📁Program Files x86
--------------------------------L📁Steam
------------------------------------L📁steamapps
----------------------------------------L📁common
(or wherever you have Steam installed on your drive(s). In 📁 common, select 📁 Spintires Mudrunner and click Ok, then click Apply and Ok on the Mod Settings window.

0_1528591218454_browseforfolder.jpg

And you're done! (this also works for Spintires 03/03/16 and Spintires Mailru. Just install the Spintires directory in the Spintires Directory Install... button)

Still stuck on something? Follow exactly what I do in this How To vid.
- Skip to 1:21 -
Youtube Video

Some Tips

In-game, you will have a new button in Settings at the bottom that will say Mod Options. That's the in-game Mudrunner Plus Config. Also, you must launch Mudrunner from SpintiresMod.exe on your desktop. Any other way like through steam library in most cases wont work.

P.S. Holy $#!t over 30K, thanks everyone! Glad to help so many people!

last edited by A Slice Of Pizza

@A-Slice-Of-Pizza
You need to use wildcards or more generic terminology. Steam is NOT installed in "Program Files" on my PC, it's not even on my 😄 drive...

@mexican_420 said in How to install SpintiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev tools, map select scroll bar, battery winch, and much more!:

@A-Slice-Of-Pizza
You need to use wildcards or more generic terminology. Steam is NOT installed in "Program Files" on my PC, it's not even on my 😄 drive...

personally i think its simple and helps anyone out struggling ... STEAM IS installed on my c-drive and is for most no need to start picking out little things like that ... its a general help guide am sure he could of explained in more detail but there are videos out there for that he did point out (or wherever you have Steam installed on your drive(s) so i dont see the problem ...

last edited by shuffy

Mexican, did you miss this?

"Navigate to This PC/Local Disk/C:/Program Files x86/Steam/steamapps/common**(or wherever you have Steam installed on your drive(s).**"

last edited by Digital X

Apparently I did miss that bit...
Sorry @A-Slice-Of-Pizza

Anyone know if there is a way to get this to work with the new update? Once I got the DLC my modloader went away. 😞 I tried re-installing but still no luck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

@joridiculous what version of the mod are you using ? Mine doesn't seem to work anymore either.

@gumbootgambler this is what i was wondering too. does it depend on the version being used that might be causing the problem? i know few people are not having any trouble with their STMR mod, but most are. so the next step in this would be the versions being used.

@8up-local
V1.6.6 here afaik
Whichever the newest pre-DLC version is/was.

Im testing 1.6.6 and still no luck getting it to work

i am running 1.6.7 and it is working fine. id didnt even go away after the update.

ok and i am on 1.6.6 and have issues as well. i think we might have something here. opinions?

i know this is probably a site that most modders hate but this is the only place i have found 1.6.7. if this is frowned upon i apologize, just trying to help out.
https://stmods.ru/spintires_mudrunner/materials_for_game/spintiresmod_exe_by_alexnez_for_mudrunner/

@gabe I've tried 1.6.5, 1.6.6 1.6.7 (the version you've listed here)
Nothing is working. I wonder if it has something to do with a the file path changing with the update. Keep us posted if anyone has some luck with this.

ok on my other computer my son plays on he is running v1.6.6. it is still working. just fine. so its not that.

1.6.6 was working but after today it stopped. so i got 1.6.7 and i cant get it to work

I had 1.6.7 installed pre-DLC. It stopped working with the DLC update. I also noticed that the DLC update deleted the d3dx9.dll(that gets installed when you install STM). Tried reinstalling 1.6.7 and installing 1.6.6. Neither one works.

There's also some weird shit going on with STM and the editor now too. If I try to open the editor with the STM launcher, and without the 4gig patch, I get.
0_1518576169932_steamerr.PNG

If I try to open the editor after uninstalling STM, but with just the 4gig patch installed I get this.
0_1518576338298_steamerr2.PNG

Basically the 4gig patch doesn't work with the editor now without also having STM installed with it. And/or STM doesn't work with the editor without also having the 4gig patch installed. I've already verified the integrity of everything(editor and game). It's all good according to Steam. WTF? I just wish everything worked like it did before today. I'm not seeing how some new level is worth dealing with all this broken shit. Of course I haven't even had a chance to play it. I've been dealing with getting things just to work right all day. Maybe it's so good it's worth all the trouble. Somehow I doubt it...

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy my editor is messed up too.. different from yours my 4gig patch seems okay but I get this. Damn this update!!

0_1518580076450_editor errors.JPG

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.