SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

@wolfalerion Yes, That's because for whatever reasons the lad has deleted his posts.

Run your game, then, Go to C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\SpinTires Mudrunner. And open your .stu with any Hex editor.
Here- https://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Editor/3000-2352_4-10891068.html

Download all open .stu- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JK6u0NuN8OiKiuVqNoqVCmj2_arNQa3J/view?usp=sharing

Copy all info "except" the first five digits and paste it onto your .stu or it's first five digits of your .stu copy onto all open .stu. Sorry can't remember right now.
0_1528396900266_Capture.PNG

Drop back in to your profile, Run game, Make copy. Your done.

last edited by FearWheels

NEW VERSION OF SPINTIRESMOD AVAILABLE!!! Spintiresmodv1.7.4.exe

Hey Slice of Pizza, My computer isn't liking the new file when I try to install it. Is it safe to run?

@JustaFordGuy VirusTotal says it's ok. But I used a hex editor to compare the file to the one I downloaded and installed from the ShareMods link found here. And they aren't even close to the same. So personally, I wouldn't trust it. I don't even 100% trust the one I downloaded from the other site. But that's where I've always downloaded STM from. And it's never caused any issues before(that I'm aware of).

Yeah the download site Sharemods is quite sketchy, but the SpintiresMod.exe file is totally safe 😉 Especially from my Google Drive link

last edited by A Slice Of Pizza

NEW SpintiresMod Version 1.7.6

Added features: The function of controlling the zoom scale of the camera (unlimited camera zoom)

last edited by A Slice Of Pizza

Has anyone else had problems launching the editor with Spintires Mod? I get an error something about "tbb.dll not found"

If I run some 32bit option from Steam tools menu it runs.

@justafordguy Of course it want work on the new 64Bit editor!

I didn't know there was a "new 64bit editor". Did it automatically change my desktop shortcut to use this new version?

How do I get the spintires mod to launch the 32 bit version?

@justafordguy Thought about it a bit and it really shouldn't matter what version the editor is in. You use the EXE that comes with the mod. (SpinTiresEditor4GbPatched.exe).

The tbb.dll though.. I dont know if the new editor is using that.
Since you seems to be missing it, here is a copy: https://links.snahp.it/9x2lUlke64837JLDB2pcDhGxsL1WBhgblev

I have two versions of the tbb.dll, One in a ttb64 directory and one in a tbb32 directory but it still won't start through the spintires mod button. Also won't run through Steam unless I click the 32bit version option under tools.

I just copied the tbb.dll file from the tbb32 directory to the editor's main directory and now it will work from the Spintires Mod button. Thanks for helping me figure this out.

Thank you....that helped me out...i prefer to use the mod exe because it blocks the error popups and works smoother

SpinTiresModv1.7.7

Updated the currently supported version of the editor before 18.07.11

Yeah the no popups is a godsend, also created a 4096x4096 sized map succesfully.

I'm a bit confused. I had 1.7.6 working fine and 1.7.7 seems to work fine also but.... what did it add? Support for the latest editor with the undo function? Sorry, I just don't understand what "Updated the currently supported version of the editor before 18.07.11" exactly means and I don't notice anything different. Thanks for any answers. 🙂

It means that the editor got updated so STM got updated for the new version of the editor. You don't have to download it if you don't want to. It's just for people that use the editor and want STM to work good for it.

OK, thank you. I mostly use the mod for the editor benefits but it's nice for the game also. Thanks again for the info.🙂

P.S. I notice someone else mention 1.7.8 was released today. Was this a typo, as I can only find 1.7.7?

last edited by PicSoul