SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

@GT4tube you need to contact the creator of STM? It is AlexNez. I downloaded the mod .7z from this website: stmods.ru. I didn't want to link to it because it is a Russian website and seems fishy. But see if you can contact him. Might have to create an account.

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but using the Mod Launcher will not allow me to to open the main game.

I have removed the game and editor folders and had a clean reinstall before doing this.

I click Mudrunner, it loads a black game screen with a spinning loading cursor then closes.

I can open the Editor however.

Both paths in the Mod Manager are installed (the button says uninstall)

I'm just so lost.

What am I missing? Do I need to copy files from somewhere to my game and editor directories? This is why i hate this with a passion..

I tried running the 4GB game, again, black screen. The Editor patched exe works fine as well.

Edit: I unticked "Override original hook" in the options, and the game loads.

But for whatever reason my height limit on the editor is extremely small.. that has not changed.

last edited by Digital X

STM will need to be updated for the new version.
last edited by ArchitectWilliam

@ArchitectWilliam the latest is 1.7.1 that I know of. Is AlexNez uploading it on another website other than stmods.ru?

@a-slice-of-pizza all i know so far is when i use 1.7.1 on the current update/version of spintires it comes up as not working and game counts it as a change in file so it disables achievements and multiplayer

@ArchitectWilliam reinstall the game directory in STMod. Click Uninstall and then Install.

@a-slice-of-pizza Managed to fix it had a stray file in the directory

@A-Slice-Of-Pizza 1.7.1 doesn't work with game version 18/05/21. When you run the game with STM 1.7.1 it loads game version 18/03/06.

last edited by MudHappy

What happens if he doesn't update? He simply doesn't care anymore about it, Pavel has put a stop to this game hack permanently or worse he has passed away. We are all relying on one guy to keep this thing alive. I have no need for any of the features that STMods gives me other then the electric winch for the game and it also takes away the annoying errors on the editor I guess, but that's about it. Map testing without electric winch, would make it a very long day. So I have been patiently waiting and hoping for a hero out there to come out with a alternative to this game hack. If I knew how, I would. Winch mod only would be perfect.

last edited by FearWheels

I tried SpintiresMod 1.7.1 for the first time because I wanted to try the tracks for modded vehicels. This mod wiped all my saves and progress, most maps and vehicles are locked and challenges are not completed, just like if someone opens the game for the first time, but I have 145 hours on Mudrunner!
Other than that, when I close the game all my progress gets deleted again, so I cannot resume anything 😠

@cobra96 Yes, 1.7.1 is wiping profiles. Read here to get it back, https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/6861/progression-points/10

Edit: You may also need to disable Steam Cloud synchronization. Personally I would uninstall 1.7.1 get your profile back and working and wait for 1.7.2. Or even better don't bother with this game hack at all.

last edited by FearWheels

@fearwheels Thank you a lot. Yes I think I'll stop bothering with SpinTiresMod since the tracked vehicles (the only thing I cared about) are unfortunately very unreliable, the tracks just come off the vehicle while driving after a while....
Let's see if I can edit the stu file because that tutorial is not super clear

long wait nothing update 1.7.2 for the ridge dlc? 😞 almost 3 weeks!...

@FearWheels says i dont have access to the link on how to get my profile back. is that because i have not been active enough in the forums? I would like to try to recover my profile.