SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

@sebmaz You have a bigger problem than I expected.

@roughrider hey the save to garage option is missng so as locators,progresion points of the mills in the map and the mills arrows (so as the trucks), basically the always show spawn locators breaks the map ui

@sebmaz
Hmm strange. I did experience the same thing. Could not "Recover to Garage. On the island map to day, with a modified vehicle and a standard C-255. And after a short time the game did crash. And for some reason Steam did suddenly download a small update right after the game crashed. And when I started up the game again, the game was unable to open load back to the previous game.

@SebMAZ Recallable="true" (or false) goes in <GameData> in the truck xml

@malcolm_tucker Recallable="true" (or false) goes in <GameData> in the truck xml

wrong there, this option only lets you call or teleport a truck to another trucks location, all trucks can recover in the garage, but SpintiresMod disables that option when you have "Always show spawn locators" (and many more things of the F1 or map UI)

@forces, Where is that setting at, Forces? Someone told me that before but I can't find it now. I can't rescue to garage or skip night when using STmod. Thanks

the option seems to be always enabled and can't be disable in the 1.8.0 spintires mod

@forces said in How to install SpintiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map, Battery Winch and much more!:

the option seems to be always enabled and can't be disable in the 1.8.0 spintires mod

That's what it seems now because I know I disabled it before.
Thanks.

@tattoo the night tab, on the in-game STmod window, is what i use. i have not had any luck with the 'day adjust sliders' in settings. In appdata for STmod you can check/change the recallability of mods, not sure if it is working properly since the DLC.. hope that helps..
My game is now in Chinese, or some other oriental text.. even the STmod window is this way
_any thoughts out there?? _RUFUS

@rufus, I forgot all about that. That's mostly what I wanted too. I don't rescue all that much but I usually skip night. Thanks.

Sorry, dunno why it's in chinese. Frickin' China. Isn't it bad enuf we have to buy all their junk? lol

I found this in Game.config.xml

\AppData\Roaming\SpinTiresMod\SpinTires MudRunner\Game.config.xml

It seems to be disabled.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ConfigMod>
  <Hook>
    <D3D9DllOverride>false</D3D9DllOverride>
    <D3D9DllFileName></D3D9DllFileName>
  </Hook>
  <Multiplayer>
    <EnableSaveGame>false</EnableSaveGame>
    <EnableLoadGame>false</EnableLoadGame>
    <EnableAdvancedModels>false</EnableAdvancedModels>
    <AllowCheats>true</AllowCheats>
  </Multiplayer>
  <Settings>
    <KeepHeadLightOnChangeTruck>false</KeepHeadLightOnChangeTruck>
    <DebugShowException>false</DebugShowException>
    <AllTrucksInMultiplayer>false</AllTrucksInMultiplayer>
    <NamesInUpperCase>true</NamesInUpperCase>
    <GuiHideControlHint>true</GuiHideControlHint>
    <DisableHashMatchCheck>true</DisableHashMatchCheck>
    <NoSleepInWindowed>true</NoSleepInWindowed>
    <LoadAllShadersOnCreateDevice>false</LoadAllShadersOnCreateDevice>
    <AlwaysShowDevMenu>true</AlwaysShowDevMenu>
-->   <AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators>false</AlwaysAllowSpawnLocators>

mine is still on even after that change in the xml

Yeah, maybe something is wrong with it like the brightness of the game when using stmod. Everything is a lot brighter and some textures are washed out like the guardrail. Even if I adjust the brightness / contrast, it still doesn't help so much because thing are too dark then. So he has something messed up and I dunno what it is to fix it, unfortunately.

@tattoo and the sensitiveness of the mouse is broken too, i hav mine set all the way down and even like that with the spintiresmod its equal to having it max out (compared to the stock game) and max out its just crazy

@forces I didn't notice any difference with the mouse but I really don't use it all that much.

Quick question about the mod and using it in multiplayer. It seems to work OK in singleplayer and in the editor but while playing with a friend last night in MP who doesn't have it installed, it only popped up for me when he would alt-tab in and out of the game.

So, my questions are:

Is this normal, and would him installing it solve this issue for me? I assume so but was curious.

Is there a setting (file check?) or something I can modify to allow it to work for me even if he doesn't have the mod installed?

Thanks for any info. 🙂

@picsoul it should not matter because it is "client side" or user side. whether other people in MP have it or not does not matter. now after saying this i can only assume that it is still the same way, but there could have been changes this last time which could be having an effect. only i have not heard anything from friends about it not working in MP myself and this could just be a "rare occurence" or bug if you will. have you tried uninstalling/reinstall or cleared cache after doing so?

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local

Yeah reinstalled and started fresh. Just need to wait for my friend to play to test it again. Thanks for the info.

I played last night and noticed the same thing. When I host a lobby and people dev tools join I lose mine, until they are (paused interaction disabled) and the menu pops up, but as soon as they come back in game it goes away.

When playing multiplayer with more than 2 people the menu will disappear, sometimes it will appear for few seconds and then go away. Hope this gets a fix soon.