SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

@a-slice-of-pizza ok update, it seems like when I use the regular desktop mudrunner icon to launch the game it returns the game back to my 17/12/11 version and nothing works, But when I use the actual mudrunner mod to launch the game everything is working, weird but is this normal?

@SmarOneNine I have to start the game as well from spintires mod, otherwise the mod doesnt work, but the game itself works fine with the normal launcher.

when i start the game through steam, or through the desktop shortcut it runs version 18/29/01b and does not have the mod options in the settings menu. i can start the game through the STMR Mod desktop shortcut and it runs version 18/01/29, and i do have the mod options in the settings menu. it just looks like the numbers are switched around but there is obviously a "b" in the version now. heck i have no idea. at least i can still get it to work through the STMR Mod.

Edit - Opened Mod and clicked uninstall for Mudrunner and then installed again to directory...appears to now be working. Wonder if that works for anyone else having issue?

Unfortunately not working for me no matter how I launch it using v1.6.9 with or without the DLL override or via Steam shortcuts.

Worked until last update of Mudrunner...

last edited by CJinTX

@gabe i am in the same boat. the mod only works if i use the launcher in the mod program. if i launch my game any other way the mod is not there in my options menu.

Nice, though idk why so many are coming out. Is this dude getting paid for making it?

since the older version is still workin good for me is there a reason for me to download this or should i just leave it alone

@motohead74
Do you run Mudrunner from the button in the corner of the STMod screen, or do you start it from Steam? When I ran it from the STMod button, it was running an older version of Mudrunner, but when I ran it from Steam the mod menu wasn't working so this update fixed that issue for me. Regardless, if you're not having any issues, I'd say leave it be. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" right?

i run it from the mod button in the corner i never tried anywhere eles i can start it from 3 different places from mod, steam and my AMD game launch

@motohead74 said in How to install SpintiresMod v1.6.10 (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev tools, battery winch, and much more!:

i run it from the mod button in the corner i never tried anywhere eles i can start it from 3 different places from mod, steam and my AMD game launch

So if you want, before you decide to update STMod or not, check the version number shown in the bottom left corner of the Mudrunner title screen. I bet it shows a newer version when you run it from Steam than it does when you run it from that button...
Only issue I really had with that being the case for me, is that some of my mods wouldn't update if I ran it from the STMod button so I'd have to run it from Steam an update the mods then close it and re-run it from the button to get the dev menu working...
But if your mods update with no problems and your dev menu is working, I'd say stick with what works for you.

last edited by Mexican_420

i will check it from steam i was just wondering if something was wrong with the older version i have not been on today thx for the help

Thus may already be common knowledge, but the dev menu doesn't actually go anywhere if you turn it off in the mod options, it just hides the UI for it. You can still select the buttons (they might even still work too, haven't checked yet). Discovered by accident this afternoon while trying a few things to possibly stabilize the weather mos/STMod conflict and subsequent crash...

im waiting for the next version of spintiresmod because of the public beta test version 18.03.06 that work with workshop maps 😛

I guess the developer will not be bothered with another beta right now.
Probably he will wait till it is all official released and a public game update will be done.