SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

why dose it take forever to start up the game? have to wait for 5 min or more.

@pix3lmonkey which file. is it the MudRunner4GbPatched file? and where do i put it.

@dragonb1988 said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

Mods make a shit ton of difference

@TLCruiser100S +++i have looked it seems like everywhere, i cannot find the 4gb patch in both the editor and the game. Any help where this file is??

@rufus
Look for it in the folders where you have STMod installed, then copy/paste to MR and editor installation folders.

I installed the mod works but it's in offline mode how do I get it to go online so I can play with my friends?

@a-slice-of-pizza said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

@dragonb1988 said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

yep, the more mods you are subscribed to the longer it takes to load up. most people i know keep their mod list to a bare minimum, only sub to the mods you want to play with at the time basicly. otherwise, unsub so you are not waiting for the game to load other mods that you do not plan on using. 😉

@8up-local said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

@a-slice-of-pizza said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

yep, the more mods you are subscribed to the longer it takes to load up. most people i know keep their mod list to a bare minimum, only sub to the mods you want to play with at the time basicly. otherwise, unsub so you are not waiting for the game to load other mods that you do not plan on using. 😉

Would disabling the mods through stm have the same effect?

I would imagine if you disable them through STM it would not load them but still have them downloaded

@rufus said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

@TLCruiser100S +++i have looked it seems like everywhere, i cannot find the 4gb patch in both the editor and the game. Any help where this file is??

@mexican_420 said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

@rufus
Look for it in the folders where you have STMod installed, then copy/paste to MR and editor installation folders.

Aha, I found the file, which is an app actually, but it's located as SpintiresMod > Install > Win32 > SpinTires Mudrunner.
here

So, I copied it over to my main folder and launched the game through Steam, still no dice, so I went back into the main folder and clicked on the "4GBPatched" file/app and it launched the game, but rolling it back to vers.18/10/18, over the current version to what Steam updated it to. However, everything works as far as things go, though for now I'd have to launch the 4GBPatched file instead of the regular way, since launching the game from Steam still launches the current version.

last edited by TLCruiser100S

Creating a shortcut on my desktop to the 4gbp works great. I'm on v1.8.1

I followed the instructions to the letter, but still for some reason it's still not working.
I launched Mudrunner through spintiresmod but I still haven't found any advanced options in the settings.

last edited by DavidWelsh_01

@mexican_420 that's the thing Mex, i cannot find any of the relevant files. this is all that's in there(attached). No patch, No config, No xml.. it is usually in there, because i go in and tweak the Xml. And i've done clean install of MR, MREdit, MRMod. and wiped the app data files. so i'm currently at a loss.. and a happy 2019 to you and yours. _Rufus0_1546282816758_STM folder.JPG

@DavidWelsh_01 @rufus the latest installer doesnt copy the MudRunner4GBpatched.exe so you have to do it manually. Extract the .rar and drag the .exe into the MudRunner directory.

followed everything talked about above to fix the mod for my game. can not get it to work and on top of that i somehow have reset my game progress now also. i fired the game up only to get the "Let's Play SpinTires Mud Runner Tutorial" screen popping up. 🤔

so this is getting above my pay grade, i'm going to bow out and go smoke my prescribed "medication" . happy new year's guys!! _RUFUS

@rufus this game has always been like this. over the years there have been times when others had so much trouble getting things to work while others and myself did not and vice versa as well. lol

I'm not having any issues with mine at this time.

@rufus happy new year to you to. Let's hope that things will get better.

last edited by dragonb1988

There are two files. Mudrunner4GbPatched.exe and steam_appid.txt.

The the default folder they get installed to when you install the mod is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SpintiresMod\Install\Win32\Spintires Mudrunner

Those need to be copied into the following folder (if you did a default install of mudrunner):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spintires MudRunner