SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

@DrGoNzO1489
Yes because mod features are part of the patched exe.

@mexican_420 exactly, so I guess I'm going without 4gb patch for now.....

last edited by DrGoNzO1489

@DrGoNzO1489
Let me know how that goes for ya... My experience tells me modded maps & trucks without 4gig fix is waste of time...

@drgonzo1489 I'm running game version 29/01/18b(with the stock exe) + the old LAA/4GB patch(d3dx9_43.dll) + STM 1.6.11 + ReShade installed as dxgi.dll. And everything works perfectly. Meaning STM 1.6.11 does support game version 29/01/18b. I know it doesn't make any sense based on how previous versions of STM functioned. But it is mentioned in the release notes that 1.6.11 does support some older versions of the game.

I've also discovered the same thing is happening with the editor. If I run the editor with the SpinTiresEditor4GbPatched.exe it loads the beta version of the editor. Which is even more broken than the beta version of the game. So I've uninstalled the beta and switched to using the stock exe and the old LAA/4GB patch with that too.

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy yessir! Thank you much this is the solution!

@joridiculous
Did you manually copy the dll from the install folder for the new STMod into you Mudrunner folder?

@MudHappy
@DrGoNzO1489
Either of you guys still rocking the weather mod as well? If so, does the new version of STMod still make the mud & rain particles sketchy?

last edited by Mexican_420

@joridiculous I just installed STM in the usual way...and it works. Like he's saying...make sure you have the latest STM d3d9.dll installed(dated 4/1/18).

@Mexican_420 I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a go real quick and see.

@Mexican_420 Ok. Here's the deal. I'd never tried the weather mod until just now. I've been "saving it for a rainy day"(pun intended πŸ˜›). So I had to do a bunch of with and without STM installed comparisons just to get an idea what's going on, or not going on, with it.. And my system kept crashing on me the whole time, for some reason(I think it's because of that old LAA/4GB patch that's never seemed to work that great for me). Which is why it took me so long. Now, I'm not 100% sure on this. But I can't really tell any difference. I'm not really sure what it's supposed to look like either. But so far as I can tell it looks the same with or without STM installed. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though. I dunno...πŸ˜•

Anyway...I'd get a second opinion. I'm not very confident in the one I'm giving you.

Side note: It's a pretty cool mod. Looks a lot better than I thought it would even.

last edited by MudHappy

@MudHappy
All good man, thanks for going thru all the trouble to check it out. πŸ™‚

@joridiculous
womp womp...
Thanks bro. Guess STMod will still be on the back burner for me... Getting used to playing without it again... 😒

Who releases a major mod like Dynamic weather, that you know everyone will want and not make sure it's compatible with the mod that 90% of players use. I would have been in contact with AlexNez way before the release and hopefully working something out. If not, I would have made my own compatible(even dumb down) version of STMod to go with the Dynamic weather release. @TemplarGFX If you and @Draconus can pull off this weather mod, you could/should have done this. Three years worth a work and to have it release like this, is shameful. If you say, I did not know, you should have. And if you cared you would have done something by now. As it stands, we would have been better off if you had just kept it to yourselves. Can anything go right with this game????

@FearWheels
Doesn't seem like contacting AlexNez is an easy thing to do to begin with, let alone getting the guy to change the code on his "engine hack" to accommodate another author's mod...
Weather mod works beautifully with vanilla game, so no hate there from me. It wasn't until after the weather mod was officially released that anybody was even aware of any conflicts, so we'll just have to hope that these guys can eventually set everything up so that both mods get along with each other...
I don't code, so I can't offer an educated suggestion as far as how to accomplish that either... 😞

So they updated the game without warning, breaking a whole catalog of maps in the process so a few people who can't manage installing maps manually can play on some broken custom workshop maps with no custom objects...... cool story focus.....

If it's not broken don't fix it! Wtf!? Or keep it to your selves. I want nothing to-do with the stock content not a lick, I make my own modded version for me which is broken now since you guys like to update with broken shit all the time. Constantly changing menial unimportant things that break more important things. At least have the decency to let people back there versions up before you break them. Fml

last edited by DrGoNzO1489

So I found a (decidedly unintelligible) blurb in the new modding guide about custom assets:

IMPORTANT! If you are using non-default assets in your level (trucks, plants, models), make sure they are part of the same mod as the level! Editor doesn’t check that when uploading mod to Workshop!

Anybody who's experimented with this care to clarify? I haven't dared fire up the editor since the update, so...

last edited by Mexican_420