SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

Does anyone know the shortcut keys to add a vehicle using the modloader if the UI isn't showing? The UI isn't visible in some multiplayer games for me but I can still use the freeroam cam so I know the mod is active

@pix3lmonkey said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

Does anyone know the shortcut keys to add a vehicle using the modloader if the UI isn't showing? The UI isn't visible in some multiplayer games for me but I can still use the freeroam cam so I know the mod is active

If im mistaken, there is no hotkey. Unless Alex added it in 1.8.3. You might be talking about the hotkeys to enable free cam

It looks like we are back boys and girls! I can now see large map support again!

@pix3lmonkey said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

It looks like we are back boys and girls! I can now see large map support again!

SO FAR SO GOOD! FINALLY!

Nice, thanks for the update. I've been checking this post everyday hoping to see someone say there's a new version.

Edit: it still doesn't work for me though... I don't have American Wilds but surely that's separate anyway?

last edited by ssvqwnp

@pix3lmonkey Yeah, I mean I have absolutely no problem with your maps or choice of mapping, but there is no freaking way I would let the functionality of my timeless hours of hard work be dependent on some mysterious guy that lives in the outskirts of russia. lol. So, I'm back to the good ol way we been doing it for years now.

I can respect that @RoughRider. I could go back to normal maps if the editor was broke indefinitely but it would be hard for me. I was able to push the limits of the standard boundaries with my original Badlands but even that map wouldn't compile with the vanilla editor due to how steep I tend to make some of my paths. The standard editor just cannot resolve those without corrupting my terrains. I think i'd have to just start making massive swamps. 🙂

New version still not working in the editor for me. Windows7

@PiX3LMonkey "The standard editor just cannot resolve those without corrupting my terrains. I think i'd have to just start making massive swamps. 🙂"

........🐊 bring on the swamp's 🐊.....Tracked Vehicle support back, so why not?......
I prefer to build thru the Mod as well_Rufus

last edited by rufus

@fatboy said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

New version still not working in the editor for me. Windows7

Are you opted in to the public beta for the editor? If not, do that and it should work.

That did the trick for me, thanks for the advice

The latest version isn't working for me. (Windows 10)
The game doesn't even launch for me; when I launch the game, the window appears then immediately crashes.
I'm going to be honest, I've had this problem ever since the release of the American Wilds Update, I've tried everything from following instructions on this forum, to tutorials online, nothing has worked, I don't care about the map editor at all, I just want to be able to use tracked vehicles.

last edited by DavidWelsh_01

@davidwelsh_01 said in How to install SpinTiresMod (Mudrunner Plus) Enable Dev Tools on ANY map **SpinTiresMod Discussion**:

The latest version isn't working for me. (Windows 10)
The game doesn't even launch for me; when I launch the game, the window appears then immediately crashes.
I'm going to be honest, I've had this problem ever since the release of the American Wilds Update, I've tried everything from following instructions on this forum, to tutorials online, nothing has worked, I don't care about the map editor at all, I just want to be able to use tracked vehicles.

Verify integrity of the game files through steam library and then make sure the config.xml file in the game directory contains the following:

<Config Version="20151004">
<System
Height="1080"
Maximized="true"
Width="1920"
Windowed="false"
/>
<MediaPath Path="Media.zip" />
<MediaPath Path="_dlc_valley.zip" />
<MediaPath Path="_dlc_ridge.zip" />
<MediaPath Path="_dlc_usa.zip" />
<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_t/" Path="TextureCache.zip" />
<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_m/" Path="MeshCache.zip" />
</Config>

@invalidredneck before or after I install the SpintiresMudrunnerMod Directory?

Just a heads up. It seems like maps larger than 64x64 are NOT playable for people WITHOUT the modloader. Last night, some people testing my map verified this by having a couple people in their lobby without the modloader and one with it. Once the mulitplayer game started, the one with the modloader was able to drive around while those without it were locked down and unable to move. I'm a little conflicted now.. This map is really coming along nicely but I know i'm going to catch a bunch of crap from people who don't know what the modloader is or are unwilling to install it due to fear of viruses and such...

I don't think this used to be an issue on previous releases of the game and feel like this just became a problem with the latest game patch. I just wanted to let you all know before you got too invested in creating a large map. I'm going to continue development on the map and maybe just switch it to private if it becomes a problem.

@DavidWelsh_01 before, then install MudRunner directory in STM. @PiX3LMonkey if I were you I would just put a disclaimer in the description saying you need it and just let it be.

@pix3lmonkey, When I played the Badlands II, I didn't have stmod installed and it played fine except when viewing the map where the truck was way high and in the map where I couldn't see the red route line. Other than that, it played fine for me single player.