SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

just part of the game since day 1. maybe once and a while with a small update we get lucky, but basicly we have yet to get an update that not break mods. 🤔

@a-slice-of-pizza Hey! so to have headlights synced in multiplayer does both or all players have to be running the same version of mudrunner plus? also if i spawn i veh in and they dont have that mod downloaded what will happen?

i would not think it would matter since the mod would be client side (only you would see it for yourself).

if they do not have a mod it just will no show for you.

last edited by A Former User

i looked back thru this thread, we, as a whole. have tried and done just about everything imageable to fix this recurring issue prior to a STM update, putting things back to 'normal'. this time it has been a matter of "oh well"..
i ask why won't the Devs just offer a stable ver of a STM from them? They HAVE to see just how popular this mod is? "oh well".....

last edited by rufus

They know how popular the mod is. I totally agree that the devs should just put this thing in the game as is. But they want to keep the game friendly to the average gamer. Pavel is trying to patch over it I think. But nobody knows for sure what the hell is going on over there in Slav land.

I don't think anyone is trying to block the mod from working on purpose.

The mod looks for SpinTiresEditor64.exe, but with this last editor update, the name was changed to just MudRunnerEditor64.exe. Therefore the mod doesn't see it. Simple fix I would imagine. 😉

last edited by PicSoul

if people think this is true, blocking mods, then they better go back and look at all the updates in the past. except for a couple small updates, any update has broken things. also since day 1 of spintires they have told us that any update could break mods. i remember the first time we got an update on ST and so many people freaked out complaining. i do not think i was the only one, but i was one of the few to tell people to stop complaining when they were told about it and that they just have to deal with it and figure out how to fix their stuff. 😉

@picsoul said in SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion:

I don't think anyone is trying to block the mod from working on purpose.

The mod looks for SpinTiresEditor64.exe, but with this last editor update, the name was changed to just MudRunnerEditor64.exe. Therefore the mod doesn't see it. Simple fix I would imagine. 😉

is there a way to rename the folder, or rename what the Mod is looking for? i only ask because i don't know. _Rufus

@rufus can't you just rename the .exe back?

@a-slice-of-pizza No it doesn't fix it. Gave it a try after seeing the mod ask for SpinTiresEditor64.exe but it still doesn't give you the steeper slopes and stuff.

@harrisonwc

Correct. That was the first thing I tried also. :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_winking_eye:

Happy to announce the mod has been updated and seems to be working fine. 😀

A little concerned that it looks like this may be the final version though. At least that seems to be the case looking at the name of the zip download and the translated change notes. We'll see I guess.

last edited by PicSoul

Does the 4gb patch still work? I've read about it somewhere and was wondering if this is still being used.

@nokadota Yes, the 4GBPatch still works.
Thanks @PicSoul for the notice! It's the final version of 1.9.0. The others were just betas. I expect he will make more as the game gets updated.

SpinTiresMod version 1.9.0 (FIN)

Changes in version 1.9.0:

• Updated to support current version of the editor 04.19.02.
  • Added built-in ReShade
  • Added ability to disable vertical sync

-AlexNez

last edited by invalidredneck

Right, so I used MudRunner.181119.LAAPatched.exe to run the game, didn't really notice a difference. It's the same file I found inside the spintires mod win32/mudrunner folder. I was trying to figure out if this can solve the flickering trees/bushes/rocks/textures on some tracks. Maybe there's another way?

Also tried to play with the re-shade function but it doesn't seem to work for me. I don't get the tools when I select ReShade.ini or when I try to make a new preset. It's like playing in alpha mode

@nokadota did you select apply in the st mod reshade menu? And when your in game you press the home button on your keyboard and it opens the in game menu

@mr-fritchley Yup, did all that, nothing seems to be happening. I should have tools showing in the reshade menu but I don't.

https://imgur.com/a/glgKbpQ

@nokadota down in the bottom right corner of the picture you put in your comment in the bottom right corner click on the performance mode then hit reload maybe that will help? Hopefully you can figure it out!

@mr-fritchley Doesn't work. Will try and install ReShade manually as a separate. Hope it works.