SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion

All I did was the usual uninstall/reinstall of the game directory in the mod and loads up just fine.

Done some more testing and the mod works fine in game. It just refuses to work with the editor. So odd. It almost seems like my PC is having an issue dealing with the 64bit exe, maybe caused by a recent Windows 10 update?

Did I miss something? Which exe is 64-bit?

One of the launchers for the editor. The one the mod uses it seems.

Happy to report I've resolved my issue. It seems the overlay used by Rivatuner ( Part of MSI Afterburner ) was causing a conflict. Added the Mudrunner editor to the exclusion list and all is fine now.

No clue why it started happening or why it only affected the 64-bit version, I've been using it for a LONG time without issue till now.

Either way, fixed! :smiling_face_with_open_mouth:

I haven't had any issues with mine since the update.

Is there going to be another version created because I would like to use it in multiplayer again so that I can freeze time.

@FORGOTTENBIOHZRD said in SpinTiresMod How To Install and Discussion:

Is there going to be another version created because I would like to use it in multiplayer again so that I can freeze time.

All players in the lobby need to have the same version installed or else it won't work at all for anyone.

last edited by invalidredneck

@invalidredneck I know but until there is an update, it cant be used in multiplayer.

@invalidredneck I don't know what you are doing different, but when I re-downloaded SpinTiresModv1.9.1 FIN+, and re-installed it, it doesn't allow for playing in a multiplayer game. It says "Game files differ from the original package". So unless you know of a way to get it to work with multiplayer, no it will not work.

@invalidredneck I don't know what you are doing different, but when I re-downloaded SpinTiresModv1.9.1 FIN+, and re-installed it, it doesn't allow for playing in a multiplayer game. It says "Game files differ from the original package". So unless you know of a way to get it to work with multiplayer, no it will not work.

Did you go into the advanced options in-game and disable the file check?

@Mexican_420 After I disabled game files check, exited the game, returned to the game, there were no advanced settings in the settings. So I exited, uninstalled, and reinstalled them, they now work, so thanks for the help.

@invalidredneck Also keep up the work on your awesome mods. 🙂

@Mexican_420 After I disabled game files check, exited the game, returned to the game, there were no advanced settings in the settings. So I exited, uninstalled, and reinstalled them, they now work, so thanks for the help.

You're welcome, and going forward it's a good idea to post any errors when you state your issue, as that can make all the difference when it comes to troubleshooting (as it did here, until you posted the "game files differ" error we could have just guessed forever and never figured it out) :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_winking_eye:

so the mod is working for me, but i have to use the mod launcher otherwise it will not work. before i have just used the regular game launcher icon and it has always worked. anyone else with this issue or have i just been gone long enough to not know? or maybe missing something here? 🤔

@8up-local You sound just like me, I haven't played since early this year, and since then MR of course updated to version 14.08.19. So I grabbed the latest version of STMod I could find (1.9.1), which says it's for MR 22.03.19. It seems to work fine, was even able to get the latest Reshade working, but I have to start it thru the STMod interface or I just get plain vanilla. Hope this helps.

@8up-local same here

Launching the game from Steam or the regular desktop shortcut won't load the game with the mod. To save a few clicks I create a shortcut on the desktop to MudRunnerLAAPatched.exe

Hello there,
I really need help with Spintires mod. The problem is the following:
I play SM with a MacBookPro via the PortingKit App made by Paul the Tall.
The App creates a Wrapper to allow the application to work in a Windows environment on MacOS.
It works really good, I play on max graphical settings. Even all the mods are working just fine. Except for SM+...
I downloaded the mod 1.9.1 fin exe file, then went through all the installation process, and installed it.The menu opened and I installed the directory of SM. No problem there.
BUT
I can run the game through the menu of SM+ but it only opens the vanilla version of the game. In Settings the advanced option Button is missing and If I try to spawn a tracked vehicle on the proving ground, the game crashes... I don't have any Steam mod because it says that I don't have a connection to Steam. Though I have all of my in-game process, all log points are there. I tried to replace the d3d9.dll file with the one in the install folder of SpinTiresMod but It didn't changed anything. Also I don't have the patched 4g exe in my folders I only have the LAApatched exe file.

Please help me I would love to run tracked vehicles

if any information is needed feel free to ask.