Strange and unrealistic Insurgent clothes.

Why Syrian rebels in the game all without exception have the right to dress just like a clown? All clothes are bright, eye-catching. Sand coloring, as far as I can remember, is not inherent in any clothes, although we are fighting in the desert. Security have almost all existing camouflage uniforms for ransom, which actually mask. Maximum camouflage on the Insurgents -- that's 3 bright t-shirts, and the most expensive -- such as brightly colored hoodies with red pants. Why? Why not add at least the classic Muslim sand robes - long shirts and pants of sand colors? Why no some tactical dresses, it's a war, after all? Why are Insurgents so deprived?

last edited by ShivInYourBack

I would also like more variety concerning insurgents' clothing... Many clothes are just so bright and colorful that they won't ever get used by anyone but trolls. Those purple or ultra-bright white/red/blue clothes don't really make sense. You almost shine like a christmas tree in the middle of the desert, while Security guys all have some pretty good camouflage that make them blend quite efficiently in the map. We should have the ability to dress Insurgents a bit like how they look in Insurgency 2 (adapted for Sandstorm ofc), at the very least.

One could argue that silhouette is the most important thing, and that's true. Yet, in dark bushy places, when prone or in the shadows, insurgents are easy to spot while Security forces (given they either have DCU, Desert Smear (my personnal favourite <3) or any other efficient camo) somtimes blend too well in the scene for you to detect them in your peripheral vision... Where you don't look directly and don't give as much attention as to the rest of the image.

As for the robes, I don't really want to see them. It would most likely look ugly, unless perfectly animated and physically simulated, which would not be good for people with lower tier computers.

EDIT : With the addition of tatoos and eastern-european insurgents, I feel like there should be way more armless upper body clothing and some more eastern-european inspired clothing too. Security, once again, is fine on that end. They don't have a lot of different jackets/fatigues, but they are both beautiful and have the rolled up sleeves option.

last edited by Grumf

Most of it is to make team identification easier. Colors = insurgents, camo = security. And the crazy bright colored options can totally be used in co-op where they aren't a handicap at all. If anything, they can be an advantage as it can reduce instances of unintentional blue on blue.

It would be nice to see some more militia styled cosmetic options though too, with some more drab solid colors. Mix things up a bit from the "got in a gunfight on my way home from the gym" look that most insurgents are currently rocking.

@maa_bunny said in Strange and unrealistic Insurgent clothes.:

Most of it is to make team identification easier. Colors = insurgents, camo = security. And the crazy bright colored options can totally be used in co-op where they aren't a handicap at all. If anything, they can be an advantage as it can reduce instances of unintentional blue on blue.

It would be nice to see some more militia styled cosmetic options though too, with some more drab solid colors. Mix things up a bit from the "got in a gunfight on my way home from the gym" look that most insurgents are currently rocking.

HELLO! How do u ID a camoflauged enemy? And they all in different camos. How do you ID Insurgent? He's all shine and got a red clown nose.
Stop defending everything what NWI do, I'll hope the listen to this little tips and do something.

Yeah, in first Insurgency was a Terrorist class with police bulletproof vest .etc
Trofeys from syrian army, killed kurds .etc/
Also, lol, why pro and not-so mercenaries are clown-looking like everyone opposition else in game? This is just nonsense.

last edited by ShivInYourBack

@shivinyourback said in Strange and unrealistic Insurgent clothes.:

Stop defending everything what NWI do, I'll hope the listen to this little tips and do something.

Didn't realise seeing the intent of what they were trying to do was known as defending everything they do.

However, yeah the striped shirts are mildly silly but that looks as bad as it gets. I wouldnt use a CADPAT or...i wouldnt know if any camo would have much use in areas such as Refinery, if it does any benefit in the game as a whole. Same goes for insurgents.Would be nice to see options that represent closer to the INS2 playermodels, though.

If you think it benefits you, wearing suitable camo or wearing tan shirts or whatnot, then I'd like to think that nobody's stopping you, right?

@ShivInYourBack Some more options would be pretty nice, although I disagree that you can't make a tactical build with the current clothing options in-game. I had an Insurgent with:

-> An orange/black shemagh. Can't remember what, exactly.
-> A black/plaid sleeved flannel shirt
-> Sand cargo pants
-> Black/Peach sneakers

Seems to have decent camo value in-game. I used orange stuff but Peach is also a good color.

HELLO! How do u ID a camoflauged enemy? And they all in different camos. How do you ID Insurgent? He's all shine and got a red clown nose.

Stop making forum posts then if you aren't open to discussion. This is feedback for NWI and the Sandstorm community.