Announcing Space Hulk: Tactics!
Community Manager

0_1517495264872_SHT_Screenshot_01_logo.jpg

Space Hulk: Tactics is a brand new take on the Space Hulk experience!

After successfully bringing Blood Bowl, the classic board game by Games Workshop, to consoles and PC with two faithful adaptations, Cyanide Studio is proud to take on another fan favourite from the Warhammer 40,000 universe with their turn-based tactical game, Space Hulk: Tactics!

Engage in bloody battles through an immense Space Hulk - a twisted mass of asteroids, wrecked ships and debris – as either a squad of Terminator Space Marines or the deadly alien Genestealers. Which side will you choose?

0_1517495540958_SHT_Screenshot_02_light_logo.jpg

Battle through two distinct, narrative-driven campaigns, from the points of view of two different factions: one campaign puts you in control of a Blood Angels squad, which you will customise and upgrade as you progress, while the other puts you in control of the Genestealers for the first time in a Space Hulk game!

Space Hulk: Tactics is based on the rules of the popular board game, given a fresh new spin in the form of the unique Card system. Cards give more ways to customize your squad before a match, and allow you to turn the tides of battle with abilities that trigger game-changing effects when used at the right moment.

0_1517495473555_SHT_Screenshot_03_light_logo.jpg

Test your skills against other players in the expansive online competitive multiplayer, letting you command a swarm of Genestealers or a custom squad of different unit types from one of four Space Marine Chapters – the Blood Angels, the Space Wolves, the Ultramarines, and the Dark Angels.

Multiplayer modes and tools offer a rich and deep online experience, and include an intuitive map creation tool, which gives players everything they need to create original maps with custom objective, and share them with other players to play either online or against the AI, all from within the game!

Space Hulk: Tactics comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in 2018. More information will be unveiled in February at Le What’s Next de Focus press event in Paris.

last edited by Iyagovos

Focus, you couldn't just make me have to wait for more information on BFG:A II, you just had to release information for another game that is an old favourite...

Well, I look forward to hearing some news in 1-2 weeks, and expect me to compile yet another massive set of questions.

Yet another mockery of the people who have paid for SHD, a month passed since "late 2017" without one word of explanation from you. In my case, the game is unplayable for over a year, from very launch day and you have nothing to offer besides silence and mockery to me as well as to other people who have serious technical problems with this game from the very beginning about with you have done nothing but avoiding responsibility. Unbelievable.

last edited by Grey Seer

I'm going to have so much stuff to geek over at the Paris event, cannot wait to arrive!

hurry up and get a steam page up, so i can put this on my wish list!

I'm not so enthusiastic about a fifth Space Hulk game, and it doesn't help that Focus has not yet, to my knowledge, explained the several delays for Deathwing on consoles. I personally don't have a problem with that per se, but it's an attitude I've noticed when seeing Tactics on Facebook. Not to mention burnout in general - there's been five Space Hulk games, yet nobody's touched Necromunda or Gorkamorka.

Though I do sound negative, I will follow the game. Space Hulk is a great concept, and epitomises the terror of Warhammer 40,000 in ways few other games can, but what is this game going to do differently or better over previous instalments? Is it just Space Hulk with everything players expect - being able to make maps and play as the Genestealers, but with cards? And will it compete with The Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth, another tactics (well, skirmish) game based on a different part of the Warhammer timeline?

With all that "saltiness" out of the way, I wish you and Cyanide the best with the game's development, and I look forward to seeing what comes out of Paris. ^^

last edited by Fistfantastic

@grey-seer said in Announcing Space Hulk: Tactics!:

Yet another mockery of the people who have paid for SHD, a month passed since "late 2017" without one word of explanation from you. In my case, the game is unplayable for over a year, from very launch day and you have nothing to offer besides silence and mockery to me as well as to other people who have serious technical problems with this game from the very beginning about with you have done nothing but avoiding responsibility. Unbelievable.

I believe the other 2 games were not developed by the same company. This one is from Cyanide (the guys behind BB2). It's their first Spacehulk game. Focus is just a publisher.

last edited by Mori-Mori

@mori-mori https://g.co/kgs/tLNatA Here is developers: Streum on studio, Cyanide. And Focus Home Interactive is a publisher but they could takemresponsabilyty of what they publish and make sure that first game is made to the expected standards before they start and announce a new project.

@Grey-Seer , you may be right I confused it with other Spacehulk games. Still, Cyanide is not listed as developer of SHD on its Steam page, only Streum On Studio is. Their involvement in it is questionable.

last edited by Mori-Mori

@fistfantastic [Necromunda](https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/08/necromunda-underhive-wars-details/ is actually incoming very slowly. i agree on a Gorkka Morkka Game though, that'd be Fun.

This post is deleted!
Community Manager

@naxin said in Announcing Space Hulk: Tactics!:

I cannot get the beta on pc to launch. It keeps saying there is no exe file.

Hello, please fully read the post linked in the email you received. There is a password to enter in Steam.

Also please keep in mind that you are under NDA, don't talk about the Closed Alpha outside of the Closed Alpha section of the forum.

This post is deleted!

This just in. Xbox one version cancelled!

Community Manager

@samhain138 said in Announcing Space Hulk: Tactics!:

This just in. Xbox one version cancelled!

It's not. Space Hulk: Tactics releases on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Thanks not to spread false rumors.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.