Why the hell does the M249 have so much recoil even on single shot?

@cyoce well would be more realistic approach .. and it is partialy doing it, just dont know on what it is based .. if it consider COG of a gun or just preset parameter for each gun .. Im not talking about randomizing spread just for sake of having different spread for every gun ..

@mlb7 said in Why the hell does the M249 have so much recoil even on single shot?:

I looked it up and the military only have one person in a squad carrying it. Leads me to believe its not the go to weapon for most situations.

Correct. The M249 is NOT a suitable substitute for a rifle. Personally, I never use it unless I'm in on defense in Push. In that case I can set up in a good spot and mow down approaching enemy like grass. It's far too unwieldy to use on the attack if you're at all interested in staying both highly mobile and accurate.

That's just personal preference, though. I can see where the M249 would be useful on the attack for suppressing defenders while assaulting troops advance or cutting off defending reinforcements from an objective, but that still involves planting it and firing from a stationary position.

Bottom line, I think the M249 is fine as-is.

last edited by skillet