Is it really so difficult to make the 5 concessions ban in champs ladder automatic?

The attrition in this game is already very high, but it's part of the game. The real problem is to have your players injured against the usual bash teams with a lot of concessions and a lot of games played (so very skilled killers) coached by someone that is simply trying to kill pixels to mitigate his own frustration...
Please don't answer that eliminate players is a legitimate good strategy, the point of the post is that you are playing in a regulated ladder against people out of the rules.
Perfectly fine for me to lose my full team against someone that is competing for a good record, not so against someone that shouldn't be in the competition.
I can understand that someone can in good faith think to have 5 concessions and not 6, i also did it, but when you have 10 or more concessions you are perfectly conscious of what you are doing, and you shouldn't be allowed to do it.

I'm confused a bit. The "killer team" (whatever you mean by it, there is no "killer" skills in BB, only skills that rise probability of players' removal, and those skills are used by effectively any competitive bash team, so there is no surefire way to distinguish "killer" team from just aggressive bash team) is the one team that probably won't have much concessions at all (why should they? their goal is to get any match, according to your premise that they play only to hurt others) - it's the opposite teams who concede at the mere sight of it. I hope you understand that it's the conceding coach which gets banned, and not the other coach who frightened him that much, right?

@pole said in Is it really so difficult to make the 5 concessions ban in champs ladder automatic?:

Please don't answer that eliminate players is a legitimate good strategy, the point of the post is that you are playing in a regulated ladder against people out of the rules.

Which rules do they break, again? Please point to the specific rule of the CCL competition which is violated.

@pole said in Is it really so difficult to make the 5 concessions ban in champs ladder automatic?:

not so against someone that shouldn't be in the competition.

Who did say they shouldn't? Who decides this, and what criteria we should use here to distinguish ones that shouldn't be there?

last edited by Mori-Mori

Given the tools Cyanide/Focus have supplied the admins, yes, it's really "so difficult", if not impossible, as explained by Dode more than once on this forum.

@mori-mori
I apologize, my english must be very bad if you have not understood a single line of what i've wrote... I am sure you can teach me about being a succesful coach and how to play against bashy teams, but nobody here is complaining about mighty blow, claw, piling on and same old stories...
I try to make it simple: in open ladder everybody can do what they want, in Champions ladder there is only a simple rule, not more than 5 concessions. If you brake this rule you must be out. Out after 6 concessions, not 20 ( and i would say that you can't make other teams for this ladder in this season, but maybe it's too radical ).
Imagine a boxing match where the contender's weight is measured after the match and not before... "Oh, you are 40 pounds more than me, no problem, punch me as you want and i'll be happy, cause i am sure you'll be disqualified". Or to make a race where all the athletes already disqualified for doping can join...

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

I would be absolutely delighted if it was made automatic. It would save me and the other admins a lot of work.

I try to make it simple: in open ladder everybody can do what they want, in Champions ladder there is only a simple rule, not more than 5 concessions. If you brake this rule you must be out. Out after 6 concessions, not 20 ( and i would say that you can't make other teams for this ladder in this season, but maybe it's too radical ).

That's great and everything, but as half of your whining was not about just random coaches conceding too often, but about aggressive bash coaches doing that, I just couldn't help myself but doubt concessions is the core issue here 😉 You know, let's assume it became possible, and 5 concessions rule started to be enforced automatically. So those guys would stop conceding (assuming they are main conceders atm, what I doubt very much) and would just take any match, still maiming whatever opponent they meet... Does it solve your problem? I fail to see how.

last edited by Mori-Mori

@mori-mori said in Is it really so difficult to make the 5 concessions ban in champs ladder automatic?:

That's great and everything, but as half of your whining was not about just random coaches conceding too often, but about aggressive bash coaches doing that, I just couldn't help myself but doubt concessions is the core issue here 😉 You know, let's assume it became possible, and 5 concessions rule started to be enforced automatically. So those guys would stop conceding (assuming they are main conceders atm, what I doubt very much) and would just take any match, still maiming whatever opponent they meet... Does it solve your problem? I fail to see how.

You don't get screwed over by a team that should already have been kicked out.

@mori-mori said in Is it really so difficult to make the 5 concessions ban in champs ladder automatic?:

Try to make it more more simple...
I don't really understand where you have read that i am whining about coaches conceding too often, i am whining about losing games and important players against someone that is already out of the competition (more than 5 concessions, not allowed to do playoff)
Is the champion ladder a competition? There are some rules and a prize, so i guess is a competition.Don't take me too serious and don't imagine me hitting my head on the wall screaming:" those conceders don't let me win those 500 dollars!!!"
I am not good enough, it's only a game and it's a funny hobby, but if you play in champ ladder you must accept that is also a competition. And random conceding coaches, as you say, simply distort the competition.
for example i can be unlucky to found someone with 10 concessions and with the only goal of injurying some players, that doesn't even look the ball and foul without logic every round while another coach don't, or i can be lucky to found someone that should have already banned, that instant concede me two times in a row only because he thinks the matchup is too difficult or not funny for him, while in the same time another coach had to play 2 difficult games, maybe with some casualties...

for example i can be unlucky to found someone with 10 concessions and with the only goal of injurying some players, that doesn't even look the ball and foul without logic every round while another coach don't, or i can be lucky to found someone that should have already banned, that instant concede me two times in a row only because he thinks the matchup is too difficult or not funny for him, while in the same time another coach had to play 2 difficult games, maybe with some casualties...

If there wouldn't be over-fixation on the fact conceding coach being a "killer team" coach specifically, I wouldn't even post anything here. It just appeared to me that cause and consequences are totally intermixed here, so I couldn't help but pointing this out. Enhancing rules' enforcement won't discourage those coaches from doing what they do, they just will start conceding less frequently. They concede currently simply because they can, and because they don't care about future of this team that much, why shouldn't they? But that's not something they absolutely need to do what they want to do (what according to your own claim is to maim other teams), they'll be fine even if you'll implement auto-ban for conceding. That isn't argument against this system, btw, just a fact.

last edited by Mori-Mori

I can understand where the OP is coming from. Ran into one of those multi-conceders after his 12th concession and didn't fare too well. Granted, it could as well have been someone who didn't concede but simply loses, but those kill-or-concede coaches gain SPP fast and don't spend the time required to be viable for the competition. It's just unfair play.

Are those who exceed their allotted 5 concessions by far banned longer or are they treated just the same as those just above the limit?

last edited by ugh

@ugh said in Is it really so difficult to make the 5 concessions ban in champs ladder automatic?:

Are those who exceed their allotted 5 concessions by far banned longer or are they treated just the same as those just above the limit?

They're treated the same.

Our main issue this season is that CCL has been put as the default league (an error - we tried it before and it doesn't work). When people have to actively select it the concession rate is far lower and it's easier for the admins to maintain.

But wouldn't that show itself in higher concession rates (which seem comparable)? Or is it just a very small number (compared to the total) of these repeat offenders which seem to be unaware that they're in the wrong league?

@ugh said in Is it really so difficult to make the 5 concessions ban in champs ladder automatic?:

But wouldn't that show itself in higher concession rates (which seem comparable)?

You mean like how the results of your coin flipping program "seem" comparable to the actual results of CCL seasons when you look at them and stroke your chinbeard? Try not to confuse eyeballing for analysis.

But wouldn't that show itself in higher concession rates (which seem comparable)? Or is it just a very small number (compared to the total) of these repeat offenders which seem to be unaware that they're in the wrong league?

The concession rates are higher. There's a 30% increase in concession rates compared with your average season. There are also far more people conceding over the 5-match limit: 250 so far this season (which we are a little over halfway through) compared with 190 in the whole of last season (for reference, 30 of those 190 were in the last week).

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.