shotguns

the moment people realize shotguns are this OP, it will be shotgun city.

please don't let such a beautiful game derail into that.

Shotguns are more effective sniper rifles as currently implemented.

@mart1n1 Everyone knows this, people just prefer to use a rifle or machine gun. I’m tired of seeing these posts asking for a shotgun nerf.

The shotguns in this game would be minor meme guns (better than the revolvo, but nothing else) in Insurgency. Don't nerf shotguns; buff the other guns.

last edited by cyoce

Shotguns are fine and will probably always have an uncomfortable spot in fps games. They are slow to use and high burst damage. If you get nailed by one few people take it in stride. Most players are quick to say omfg so OP. It killed me of all people it must be OP!

The shotguns are fine. They work as intended and should do massive damage because of what they are.

But most of the complaints regarding them are for PvP. In PvE, it's fine as is. Funny thing...I die far fewer from shotguns in PvE than anything else. It kind of makes you wonder........” Just what is the number one killer in PVP?” Honestly I am only interested in answers with documentation to back it up not speculation and conjecture. I don't care how honest of a stranger you are online, how competitively known you are, or anything else. Don't bother answering if you don't know for certain is all I am saying. Have a nice day all!

last edited by Max80

@mart1n1

Didnt read my post did you? Nope....no you did not. Later!

@mart1n1 Shotguns are powerful, but they aren't that broken IMO. They do the job that they are designed to do, and they do it well. I personally like that shotguns have decent long-range capabilities as well. IRL, if you get hit with a magnum shotgun slug you're fuckin dead.

@max80 said in shotguns:

@mart1n1

how do you expect me to discuss anything with you?

you refuse to acknowledge that shotguns are as powerful as sniper rifles.

i posted a clip from a guy getting sniped with a toz.

if that was an AK or an M4, it wouldn't be a kill.

the toz could do more damage over a long distance than an assault rifle.

why would you want to discuss something so broken like that?

Yeah, because shots shells should kill out to 300 yards. Lol. Buckshot can barely kill a coyote at 60 yards with extended full chokes. 40-50 yards is the most anyone recommends. Ever wonder why they wont let people shoot deer with buckshot? Because it's not lethal enough. Even the best rifled slugs are only good out to about 200 yards before velocity and accuracy takes an extreme nose dive. If shotguns were as good in real life as this game all military would use them for primary weapon.

Game isn't accurate at all with the shotguns but it is a game and apparently the developers like it this way. Seems most people still prefer the other weapons anyway. I get killed with them some but it's not over the top.

question is: aren't shotguns available to the "breacher" classes?

you're not a breacher if you're shooting people from the other side of the map.

@mlb7 said in shotguns:

Seems most people still prefer the other weapons anyway. I get killed with them some but it's not over the top.

that's because we're on week 1.

give it a few more weeks and this will turn into shotgun city.

@mart1n1 TBH, from that distance it's perfectly realistic to kill somebody with a shotgun. It's not sniping. It's mid-range slug round hit. Of course it'll kill you. People should really stop having that mentality of "shotguns are only effective up to 5 meters, any farther than that is soooooooooooooooo OP".

Shotguns aren't OP. They're useful. They have realistic range, and they are good killers. The downside is that it takes ages to reload, has a low rate of fire, and has only 8 shots max before it goes empty. I'd call that pretty balanced.

ALSO. It can't be "shotgun city" since breacher class is limited to 2-3 players tops. So... Yeah. No shotgun city in sight, captain fearful.

last edited by Grumf

@mart1n1 said in shotguns:

give it a few more weeks and this will turn into shotgun city.

How? Why would I use a shotgun that can one shot kill at long range, but has a garbage rate of fire, 8 shots, and a slow individual reload when I can just use the FAL: a one hit kill gun that has 20 rounds and can fire on full-auto?

This post is deleted!

@mart1n1 said in shotguns:

@max80 said in shotguns:

@mart1n1

how do you expect me to discuss anything with you?

you refuse to acknowledge that shotguns are as powerful as sniper rifles.

i posted a clip from a guy getting sniped with a toz.

if that was an AK or an M4, it wouldn't be a kill.

the toz could do more damage over a long distance than an assault rifle.

why would you want to discuss something so broken like that?

How does any of what you posted relate to this?

@max80 said in shotguns:

” Just what is the number one killer in PVP?” Honestly I am only interested in answers with documentation to back it up not speculation and conjecture.

ill answer that for you....it doesnt.

last edited by Max80

@mlb7 said in shotguns:

Buckshot can barely kill a coyote at 60 yards with extended full chokes. 40-50 yards is the most anyone recommends. Even the best rifled slugs are only good out to about 200 yards before velocity and accuracy takes an extreme nose dive. If shotguns were as good in real life as this game all military would use them for primary weapon.

How far do you think typical engagement distances are in Sandstorm? I don't think I've ever taken a 200 yard shot in this game, and most are within 50 yards easily.

Shotgun armor penetration should be reduced a bit, but I don't think their accuracy is out of line with reality at all.

50 yards is 150 feet. Step off 150 feet and come back.

If all engagements are within 50 yards why do you think they put sniper rifles in the game? What would be the purpose of 4x scopes?

last edited by MLB7

@mlb7 wasnt there an 8X scope in insurgency?

@mlb7 I said most, not all. Engagements out to 100+ yards absolutely happen in the game, but they're not the norm.