shotguns

@cyoce it now has 30 with extended clip. (Not important I know but it does improve upon your point.)

Shotguns hit hard and shoot slow. If they were to make them like shotguns in every other game, they'd be useless for 95% of the engagements. They're fine as they are.

last edited by Xiddy

@grumf said in shotguns:

ALSO. It can't be "shotgun city" since breacher class is limited to 2-3 players tops. So... Yeah. No shotgun city in sight, captain fearful.

that is kind of obvious.

but why would you go with a 5 shot bolt sniper rifle when you can have an 8 shot toz?

so, instead of having your two snipers, you have 4 breachers.

we'll only see this meta exposed when things settle down and the pros lean towards it.

yes, i'm fearful.

Shotguns are fine. Most weapons kill in one shot (maybe two bullets, but they shot damn fast). If you miss a shotgun shot, you're dead. Shotguns are only good if you can aim fast and accurately, and if you can do that, any weapon is good (and probably better than the shotgun).

If your argument is "shotguns are better than bolt action sniper rifles", you're probably right. Bolt action sniper rifles are bad (and there's nothing wrong about it). If you want a good rifle for sniping, use the SVD or the Mk 14 EBR.

The more expensive the weapon is, the better. Both shotguns and bolt action rifles cost few points.

last edited by TallsFalls

@mart1n1 The pros? What pros?

Anyway, it being better than bolt rifles doesn't mean it's OP. That just means it's better than bolt rifles.

@cyoce said in shotguns:

Anyway, it being better than bolt rifles doesn't mean it's OP. That just means it's better than bolt rifles.

the people that will make the meta visible to us all.

so you agree that shotguns are better than bolt rifles for sniping in this game? ok, we agree on that.

Point is shotguns can kill all the way across any map with regular shells. Try it.

I should add I haven't found it to be a huge problem. I just think it's annoying.

last edited by MLB7

@mlb7
But its actually impossible to even see someone across the entire map....there isnt a powerful enough scope to do so for the shotgun nor is there a clear line of sight to do it anywhere; what with all the structures and uneven ground. Thats quite an unfounded statement you made.

last edited by Max80

@max80 said in shotguns:

@mlb7
But its actually impossible to even see someone across the entire map....there isnt a powerful enough scope to do so for the shotgun nor is there a clear line of sight to do it anywhere; what with all the structures and uneven ground. Thats quite an unfounded statement you made.

across the map means where no shotguns go anywhere close in the real world. 🙂

If your situational awareness fails you to the point where another player can one shot you with a shottie you need to examine where your complaints should be going instead of crying like a baby because you were killed with one.

@mart1n1 said in shotguns:

@max80 said in shotguns:

@mlb7

across the map means where no shotguns go anywhere close in the real world. 🙂

@mart1n1 - (gun and wink) “Ok!”

(Walking away from my desk shaking my head)

last edited by Max80

@cyoce said in shotguns:

It's a bolt-action rifle that's more effective than bolt-action rifles at close-mid range. Past that, the lack of any optics for shotguns above 2x makes bolt-actions more effective.

@max80 How about I change it to as far as you can see? I understand you guys like your shotguns and will defend them to the end. Haha. I just think they should adjust the range to be more realistic. I've used it quite abit and I know the garbage you can pull off with them.

Unscoped Mosin > Your Shotgun

@ziggylata Not at all. You have to be dead accurate with the mosin.

@mlb7 said in shotguns:

@ziggylata Not at all. You have to be dead accurate with the mosin.

I myself dont find that too hard.

oh please..... every gun has its effectiveness. people tend to forget that all these maps are Close Quarters and shot guns are design for such fights. I have own to many people that use shotguns... needless to say i dont even use them things.

@ziggylata I can believe you have perfect aim, but needing perfect accuracy makes your statement false.