A magazine bug I've noticed on beta already

Hi !

When speed reloading some weapons such as the makarov or the uzi, two magazines drop during the reload animation.
I captured a screenshot from a video that shows this perfectly.

alt text

Isn't it weird ? Have anybody mentioned that before ? I don't think I saw anyone pointing that out, even though it always has been pretty obvious to me. I didn't bother report this as I thought that it would be corrected quickly, but the game was released and it still has that bug, so... Here I am, making this topic.

Hello there !
So, this bug is still present to this day. I believe it affects every weapon in the game, from what I've experienced so far.

Crazy, I've never noticed that.

To hazard a wild guess, based just on the screen grab, perhaps one empty mag is part of the reload animation (the one in the hand) while the other is the model that gets dropped on the ground spawning?

Do you notice two mags sitting on the ground after you've reloaded or just one?

@maa_bunny said in A magazine bug I've noticed on beta already:

To hazard a wild guess, based just on the screen grab, perhaps one empty mag is part of the reload animation (the one in the hand) while the other is the model that gets dropped on the ground spawning?

That's a really good assumption, actually. The animation only drops one magazine, but since @Grumf is looking up at the sky in this shot it's possible that that's the reason.

@maa_bunny Could be, could be... In that case, they should still fix it or make it less obvious. It's really bothering to see two magazines drop when reloading.

Soooo, I checked it. Yeah, all weapons drop a second mag that has the purpose of staying on the groud. The animation "cheats" by ejecting a fake non-physical mag, and a physical mag just spawns mid-air in front of you just drop on the floor. That's pretty ugly... Try it at the range. It shows best with the makarov, imo...

@grumf I had a feeling that's how NWI did it.

Can't remember if Escape From Tarkov does the same thing or not.

@marksmanmax Well they should fix it then... Making animation mags the ones that are droped on the ground, or making the mag-spawn less obvious.

I mean... The makarov mag isn't even the right mag model. It looks more like a .45 ACP mag than a 9x18mm mag.

@grumf Oh, something I should mention that definitely highlights this bug as well:

If you do a speed reload, but cancel it at the right time, you don't actually lose the magazine loaded in your gun, but you'll drop a mag on the ground.

Skip to 1:48 in the video here:
Youtube Video

@marksmanmax See ? The AKM drops a double mag. That is so obvious and irritating to me. Like... WHY ?! That's ugly.

@grumf said in A magazine bug I've noticed on beta already:

@marksmanmax See ? The AKM drops a double mag. That is so obvious and irritating to me. Like... WHY ?! That's ugly.

It's really not very clean. It's pretty easy to tell when the "extra" mag actually spawns.

Of course, that video also highlights how dumb it is that my gun still has a mag loaded despite me taking the mag out of the gun entirely.

@marksmanmax Indeed. But it also shows the problem I'm mentioning. It's crazy to think that both these problems would be solved if the animation mag was the one being discarded rather than a magically spawning out of thin air mag...

last edited by Grumf

@grumf said in A magazine bug I've noticed on beta already:

@marksmanmax Indeed. But it also shows the problem I'm mentioning. It's crazy to think that both these problems would be solved if the animation mag was the one being discarded rather than a magically spawning out of thin air mag...

Would that be hard to do? I'm no programmer or anything.

@marksmanmax Me neither... I can only assume it's totally feasable. Doesn't seem that complicated, even though I guess it would imply relying on something technologically more advanced than a simple animation + a prop mag spawn, obviously.

Many games have dropping mags and don't have this issue, so... I guess they either went for a more natural approch, or that they hide it way better.