anything NEW happening??

Have the DEVS abandoned us once again?? am I wrong in thinking no new updates since the 1st American wilds....come on Focus whats up?? from what I am seeing theres not going to be anymore DLC or content for Mudrunner and now we are supposed to just wait for a brand new game once again.....the only way that most people would buy a new game feel would be if they finally go to 64 bit game..that would be great..but we will see I guess...but if it just another 32 bit game the customer base will really fall out for the franchise....just another 32 bit game and not just adding DLC's to mudrunner..would just be a cheap money grab for FOCUS..lets hope NOT.....

last edited by bigboyzback

no answers from the dev's at all?? silence is all that I get??

@bigboyzback they are probably off for Christmas.

Once again? In terms of new games we've only had Spintires and Mudrunner. American Wilds was a DLC. I guess you could of brought it separately if you wanted, but it was still a DLC to Mudrunner.

they said wait for february focus event to hear news about mr2.

🤔 let's see.... they have been working on the game basicly since long before release of October of last year as well as looking into plans for MR2. it is about time they got a little break wouldn't you think? 🙄

Yeah maybe... But now I am hearing that they aren't going to be doing anything more with mudrunner except bug fixes.... Which means they are pretty much abandoning it to work on mudrunner 2... I will tell you one thing... MR2 had better be 64 bit instead of 32 bit or they have seen the last of me.... If they are just bringing out a new game just for a money grab... They could have just brought out new DLC's for mudrunner instead.... Then just charged us a small fee for them..... But bring out a new game still in 32 bit is nothing more than a quick money grab for them... After the way that we got treated with spintires people aren't going to put up with another quick money grab from them...

@bigboyzback said in anything NEW happening??:

Yeah maybe... But now I am hearing that they aren't going to be doing anything more with mudrunner except bug fixes.... Which means they are pretty much abandoning it to work on mudrunner 2...

I'd be fine with just bug fixes for MR1, but given their history of not fixing almost anything, I'd be surprised if we get even that. I still like this game, but given the silence and refusal to address issues, my expectations and enthusiasm are low, even for MR2. I don't want hyped up community updates, I want quality & support. Actions speak louder than words.

@bigboyzback Hello, work on the game does not stop. Yesterday a patch for the game became available. Pavel also wrote that it is quite possible that at least one more DLC is waiting for us.

@dvoryaninoff what about the as of yet unreleased maps in the American wilds update?? Any clue if we will get those ???

@bigboyzback What do you mean by «yet unreleased maps in the American wilds update»?

@dvoryaninoff I heard that with the american wilds update theres 3 more unreleased maps..that isnt true ??? I was told they are within the game files..

last edited by bigboyzback

@bigboyzback if there was other map files, not only would they have been just found, but uploaded somewhere by now for everyone to download i would imagine. after all some sections of the community do not care if something is not supposed to be released or not, they do it anyway regardless if company content or private content sadly.

If Mudrunner gets patched to a level where only minor/if any bugs remain then we can have a proper conclusion and accept Mudrunner 2 as an evolution.

On the other hand, if Focus Home Interactive leave glaring bugs still unpatched then Mudrunner 2 is going to have to fight an uphill battle. Let's not forget that it's a niche title very much dependent on loyal customers. Those customers will remember their disappointment with Mudrunner 1 and influence others.

@Dvoryaninoff - There's a pretty nasty bug with the texture happening in that after playing the game for a while the textures are being lowered in quality. This is still actual as of the December 27th patch. Can you please take a look (https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/31515/low-resolution-logs-pc/4) and raise awareness with the dev team? It's significant and should affect a large number of players under the right circumstances.

-Much appreciated.

last edited by XenoRad

@xenorad said in anything NEW happening??:

If Mudrunner gets patched to a level where only minor/if any bugs remain then we can have a proper conclusion and accept Mudrunner 2 as an evolution.

On the other hand, if Focus Home Interactive leave glaring bugs still unpatched then Mudrunner 2 is going to have to fight an uphill battle. Let's not forget that it's a niche title very much dependent on loyal customers. Those customers will remember their disappointment with Mudrunner 1 and influence others.

@Dvoryaninoff - There's a pretty nasty bug with the texture happening in that after playing the game for a while the textures are being lowered in quality. This is still actual as of the December 27th patch. Can you please take a look (https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/31515/low-resolution-logs-pc/4) and raise awareness with the dev team? It's significant and should affect a large number of players under the right circumstances.

-Much appreciated.

I dunno how the game is on XBOX or PC, but as a PS4 player I've had a pretty solid experience. Now and then log physics get a little wonky, there might be a issue with the Western Star making it easy to roll on shape turns (though I'm not entirely sure. It just kinda feels like it "digs in" if you turn to shape going to fast).

I also fail to see why we need the log ownership mechanic at all. If I'm at a log kiosk with a crane and another drive pulls up beside me in a truck, if I load him why can't he/she just pack load and drive away? It can be really difficult at times trying to select all the logs. Sometimes you get logs the game just won't highlight. Plus it's unnecessarily time consuming for a person to select log, send message, wait for me to click yes, select log, send message, wait for me to click yes, etc, etc, etc.

Just let me load the guy and just let him go. The whole log ownership thing is dumb.

Those few things aside I find the game overall runs pretty well. I can certainly think of other games with a lot more problems then Mudrunner has (Fallout 76, WWE 2K19, GTAO to name a few)

I am a loyal Mudrunner game player..... I hope they go to 64 bit on the PC version of MR2..... If not they will lose yet another chunk of PC gamers that mod the game as well as play it.... One thing players have been asking for forever has been working side mirrors on the trucks.... If would so nice to be able to see whats happening behind you by just looking in the MIRRORS....

@bigboyzback From the point of view of regular player, 64-bit is not a big deal for me. As long as game is running smoothly, I don't care how many bits is needed.
I agree on mirrors, BUT working mirrors are just tiny bit of neccessary improvement. Working mirrors could make me happy after I start using cockpit camera at all. So far, looking from cockpit is too restricted from all sides: I can't see to sides, over the nose of my truck I can't see on the road in front of me and so on. Outside camera is chapter on its own. I don't expect improvements on this in this game, that is probably out of scope already, but also I think we can't expect working mirrors: it is new function entirely, that has to be implemented, but because cockpit view is rather limited, therefore not used by many players, mirrors are not worthy...