anything NEW happening??

I use the cockpit view sometimes, just to get a feel for what the driver would see, but 90+% of the time I'm using the outside camera. I'd use the cockpit view more if it looked better, i.e. 3D dash with working gauges. Working mirrors would be a bonus. But at this point in the MR dev cycle, I want the devs to focus on bug fixing. Entirely new features can be put in MR2, though I certainly won't be angry if they put them in the current MR. πŸ™‚

last edited by Unster

Very sad that the developers don’t love their game and don’t care about it, only making money.
I’ll talk about:

• Street lights are always on during daytime.
  • The American Wilds Crane has no light at the claw.
  • If accessing the skidder blade the light goes off.
  • some clipping errors. 😒

if you roll your vehicle onto it's side after a certain angle you lose steering before the vehicle stalls out. also i find it funny that when a vehicle is on its side you can not steer it, but if you hook a winch to that vehicle with another in attempt to rescue, guess what. the rolled vehicle will steer towards your direction. so if i am IN a rolled/stalled vehicle i can not steer it, but if i am in ANOTHER vehicle the rolled/stalled vehicle can now steer on its own. πŸ€” Spintires logic at its best.

last edited by A Former User

@adxalf
Let's be fair here. Just because a game has bugs doesn't mean the developers don't love their product. I for one am pleased that they released a patch recently, even if it fixed very little. It means the product is still being updated, and that's great. But I'm sure they also have other responsibilities beyond fixing bugs in MR, like working on MR2 and maybe other games.

@8up-local Oldtires had feature for steering on towed vehicle: you've could steer left or right by pressing buttons in advanced menu right next to drive/pull button for a winch, or set it on "auto".
after raduction into Mudrunner, we have just that "auto" now. It is a pity, because when you try to roll your truck back onto its wheels and it steered towards you, it is really not helping. On the other hand, now we have those winchpoints on sides, which weren't there previously. In a sum, In a case of restoring rolled truck, I feel it like improved now...
Honestly, I have just on idea why that was removed (just an theory, I am not saying it is like that): simplification for console controllers.

@sodoma yes i remember that feature quite well and have always wondered why they did away with it. it was such a nice useful feature. i do agree winch points on the sides of vehicles has made a world of difference, but still from time to time i get a situation where even using the side points the rolled vehicle will still want to slide instead of "hook" and roll upright. being able to turn the wheels to help the rolled vehicle get the bite it needs instead of allowing it to slide or roll on that one front wheel is such a game changer imo. i can only hope that they bring features back like this one like they did with the log scavenging. it was part of the game, taken out and now is a "new" gameplay feature. seriously? is it really a new feature? lol

i have a soft spot for this game and have played it for years, even with the bugs and other issues i quite enjoy it. although i will admit after over a year of waiting to see if this little bug i found will be fixed or even looked at, it has become frustrating to put it politely, waiting to see if anything will ever be done about it. now maybe it is just me and using a feature in a way that others do not which may be the problem. you know since i am the only one who seems to have any concern about it. i can only assume i am the only one using it, which would explain why this issue has no importance to anyone but me.

still though i guess i shall just keep playing my game and maybe some day..... πŸ€” πŸ™„

The rolled vehicle steering never bugged me because I never really thought of it. If a rolled vehicle was sliding instead of flipping back over, I tried to solve the problem by dragging the vehicle onto a slope and then pulling it from the other side to help flip it over. It doesn't always work but usually it does. That could be a workaround for you guys.

@unster yeah easy enough workarounds i agree and have done recoveries many ways and times myself. no denying though, being able to control the steering of the towed/rescued vehicle makes recovery faster and easier. it was a good feature they got rid of for no real reason i can see. the thing with console having an affect i feel is not there. they would have to control the it the same way PC does, through the advanced menu. people played the original this way with controller, so no reason they could not still do it this way for everyone now imo.

anyway just my opinions as usual, will just have to see what happens and where things go in the future of what will hopefully be a series. 🀞🏽

I will always be a die hard fan of this franchise..because truth be told theres no other game out there thats as good as this one is given the Genre....so despite all the faults that the franchise has..its still the best one out there..

At first I thought the same. But after using it a bit I've fallen in love with cockpit view. It's the main view I now use for trail/road driving.

I still use third person when I need to see around the truck, going through woods, swamps, etc. But whenever I'm on the trail or road, first person all the way.

I find that in 1st person it's way easier to control your truck when at high speed in 1st person.

@justinlynch3 said in anything NEW happening??:

I find that in 1st person it's way easier to control your truck when at high speed in 1st person.

I also use 1st person most of the time while on a paved road. There's not much to see outside anyway in that situation. I also tend to use it more with some modded trucks that have nice interiors. Give me working, built-in gauges (not the HUD overlay) and a more realistic / muffled interior sound and I'd be using the 1st person view even more.