Microphone not quite working

Hi,

Even when I use push-to-talk, my voice doesn't seem to activate as if the sensitivity was too low. If I yell, it picks the signal.

Someone theorized that the game uses a non-configurable voice activation level even when using push-to-talk. Some people were able to fix this by increasing the mic level in the Windows audio settings.

I however can't do this as I use an USB microphone with its own specific driver. Windows mic settings don't work with it and I can't boost the signal.

Yes,I find that the players voices are low even though voice receive is on 100%. Unlike 'Insurgency' where the voice volume is loud and clear.

Continues to be a problem. Makes it almost impossible to communicate in-game.

I think the USB microphone is the problem. Some people have fixed this by boosting in Windows mic settings. I can't do with what my USB mic. Need a sensitivity tuning option to Sandstorm's settings.

Community Manager

Hey everyone,
I am forwarding the problem to the team. I'll see what can be done about it.

last edited by Raibi
New World Interactive

In-game VoIP is based on Steam Voice meaning that the adjustment is in Steam Voice settings accessible via new friendlist > Settings > Steam Voice

@arc Thanks for the suggestion. Putting input gain to max and disabling "Automatic volume gain/control" in Steam settings seems to have helped somewhat. However I still have to keep my headset mic very close to my mouth and talk quite loudly for it to pick the signal up.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.