Common modified files

just curious and checking to see what files people usually mod and/or mod the most. this could be files you have downloaded to use or your own modified files. i keep mine fairly basic so there is less to replace if i ever have to verify my game. i do know there are some out there though that really get into modifying their files to the point it is almost a different game (figuratively speaking).

the basics of mine,
film grain removed
winch line changed
winch points changed
border removed
fuel cistern and tanker recolored
fire proof exhaust recolored
tattoo shifter
key/controller overlays removed (although yet to figure out how to get rid of the overlay box for it)
mudrunner mod (STplus as most call it)
steam icons removed
and i know there is a few others, but can not remember what or they are little things that are not that important.

Only thing I have altered is the Mass of Small Log A for my football model.

Never seen the point of border removal, it's purely for looks though right?

hi 8-up.. i have a couple of models i would like to add to my map.. they are .skp files from sketchup. any suggestions or Tutorials that you come by , that could assist me in this?? And i cheat a little by using 'breakable trees" now and then, tattoo's skull shifter (can't live without it), and the few features that the MudrunnerMod, offers are really useful.. border remove, clear water, the crows the fly out of the bushes, and maybe something else, Rufus

last edited by rufus

@digital-x right the border removal is for looks. instead of the "do not enter" sign, it is removed so it is an invisible barrier.

@rufus i have not done models before, so i have no idea about .skp files. that would be something you should ask a seasoned map maker or builder about really.

I see, less of an eye sore that way haha.

Will have to have a look what can be altered.

I haven't done modeling in sketchup in years. But you need a DirectX exporter plugin for sketchup. I'm pretty sure they have one.
You will also need to see about creating a cdt in sketchup of your model.
I can look it up in a little while and see how it's done in sketchup. I've only done models in 3DS max so i'm not familiar with the work flow of other programs.

But you just need to export your model and cdt as a .X file (DirectX) and in another recent thread I talk about how to get the model in your editor and game.

Look for the thread "Using your own textures" I think it's what it's called. I think digital-x started the thread.

TY, 89cherokee. will do that now... Rufus
ps. sorry 8-up i thought that you were a mapper.

@rufus well i did make maps for another game long ago, but not for spintires or mudrunner. things were a bit different then, but it is all much easier now these days. lol good luck with the modeling and have fun.

@rufus
If you have 3DSMax, you can import SketchUp models directly (you should open them in SketchUp first and re-save them as SketchUp version 7 first). Then just export as .X once you're satisfied with them...

I've been known to do many of the things mentioned in the OP. As well as...

Make trucks recallable, lower their balance and log points, connect all axles/wheels to handbrake, increase steer speed, increase fuel and damage capacity, change wheel friction and vehicle COMO(Center Of Mass Offset)
Make the mud thinner/thicker
Remove fog
Set all days to day_3(day_sunny)
Change the behavior of the Sun to be more realistic

@8up-local said in Common modified files:

just curious and checking to see what files people usually mod and/or mod the most. this could be files you have downloaded to use or your own modified files. i keep mine fairly basic so there is less to replace if i ever have to verify my game. i do know there are some out there though that really get into modifying their files to the point it is almost a different game (figuratively speaking).

the basics of mine,
film grain removed
winch line changed
winch points changed
border removed
fuel cistern and tanker recolored
fire proof exhaust recolored
tattoo shifter
key/controller overlays removed (although yet to figure out how to get rid of the overlay box for it)
mudrunner mod (STplus as most call it)
steam icons removed
and i know there is a few others, but can not remember what or they are little things that are not that important.

when you say "steam icons removed" do you mean the name that hovers above the vehicle of the people you are playing the game with? if so, how do you do that?

Haven't Changed alot But At the moment,
Mudrunner Mod,
Removed Dumb Mud Particle,
Tattoo Skull Shifter,
Film Grain,
4gig Fix

@gabe well for just screenshots you can do this with remove hud, but for playing you can go into your texture zip and just remove/delete it.

look for this in your texture zip and delete this file. gui_steam_unknown__d.dds

@smaronenine Is the 4gb fix you are using for the editor or for the game?

@kingpinn Both...Just drop the exe in both directory's.

@8up-local hey thanks man!

@8up-local i lowered the fog at diffrent times of the day for further view distance, although finding that happy medium was a pain in the butt it was worth it.
how did you remove the film grain? and another thing i would like to see is how to get the bush from getting stuck in trucks

last edited by A Former User

@WrenchinMonkey have not looked into getting rid of the bushes. for the film grain i just opened the texture file in paint net and erased (not delete) the image. then copy/paste over the original. easy peasy. file name in texture cache zip: env_film_grain__uncmp.dds

edit: i also recommend doing this file the same as the film grain, just erase the image to get rid of the lens flares/spots from the camera lens. env_camera_bokeh.dds

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local Did anyone post getting rid of those strange mud particles on the wheels?