Common modified files

I figured out how to do something yesterday that I'll be putting to use on trail-only rigs(probably, for the most part at least). They guy asked about a mod to suppress damage from having the diff locked in hardcore. I had to think about it for a minute, but was able to figure it out. You just need to make the vehicle so it has diff always locked. By adding the DiffLockType="Always" line under TruckData to the xml for the vehicle in classes\trucks. Like so:

<TruckData
DiffLockType="Always"
/>

I already knew how to make a vehicle always AWD. Just change all the Torque="full" to Torque="default". Same xml under Wheel(or Wheels). Like so:

<Wheel
Torque="default"
/>
<Wheel/> is sometimes <RearWheel/> or <FrontWheel/> or <FirstAxle/> or <SecondAxle/> or <RearAxles/> or whatever. Same thing.

Anyway, no real reason to need to be able to run without AWD or diffs locked on a trail-only rig. I guess having to push a button isn't that hard either. But...I don't know...just something you can do if you want. Or go the other route and make vehicles that have those features not have them.

@8up-local I dig what you did with the Runner emblem. I'm not crafty enough to figure out how. I am having fun putting face masks on my driver though...

0_1519248016179_20180220181941_1.jpg

Maybe you recognize the face. If not...
0_1519248076115_Bobdobbs.png

emblem is easy enough, i use paint.net for my program. i use a working folder to unzip the texture zip in to work out of. use the rectangle tool (top left in the tool window) select the area in the image. it will edit the selected area only while highlighted. adjustments tab, use the hue/saturation to change the color. when done just right click to exit the highlighted area and close the image. it will save when you do. then copy paste as usual to your texture zip in the game folder.
mine is olive instead of the usual orange. it just suits my taste better. lol
alt text

@mudhappy said in Common modified files:

Anyway, no real reason to need to be able to run without AWD or diffs locked on a trail-only rig. I guess having to push a button isn't that hard either. But...I don't know...just something you can do if you want. Or go the other route and make vehicles that have those features not have them.

Turning radius...

@wrenchinmonkey said in Common modified files:

@8up-local i lowered the fog at diffrent times of the day for further view distance, although finding that happy medium was a pain in the butt it was worth it.
how did you remove the film grain? and another thing i would like to see is how to get the bush from getting stuck in trucks

Change collisions field in corresponding XML from "foliage" to "none"

@mexican_420 said in Common modified files:

Turning radius...

There's that. For sure. I just don't find myself disengaging AWD or Diff Lock to be able to steer better while driving on trails in the game. I can't afford to lose the traction most of the time. I can't be bothered to not run over bushes and such the rest of the time. It's definitely something to keep in mind though. It could come in handy. I haven't found a place where I absolutely "needed" to run without AWD or diff lock though. Keyword: "need".

What would be cool is to be able to line lock the brakes for individual wheels. For the ability to do digs.

last edited by MudHappy

Anyone know how to change the draw distance for mud so it's not changing just in front of you?

@gumbootgambler That would be nice. Plus increase the rendering distance so as to limit the terrain pop in visible with fog removed. Surely somebody knows how to do both. But it ain't me unfortunately.

@8up-local Thanks for the explanation. I ran with it. And then ran even further. Ended up with a little mini-mod I'm going to package up and hand out. Coming soon to my thread. Here's a little preview...

0_1519282239703_Main Menu Brown.jpg
0_1519282301204_Settings Brown.jpg
0_1519282331459_Manage Mods Brown.jpg
0_1519282366061_Dev Tools Brown.jpg

That's just a sample. There's more too. It's all the GUI elements I could manage to mud brownify. It's a keeper in my book. I figured someone else might like it too. Maybe not. But whatever. Take it or leave it.

last edited by MudHappy

so i was digging around again over the weekend and found this little line of xml for the Ural 4320. i have not played with it yet though.
<CompletionStarsDecal Dir="(0.085; 0.0; 0.995)" Pos="(2.268; 1.382; 0.984)" />

could be the way to "fix" the stars on the trucks without removing the star image for balance ratings.

EDIT: it is a fix, but the line has to be removed for all trucks. so, still not quite as user friendly as i had hoped.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local Friendly enough for this user. Thanks for sharing!

You can get rid of the stars on the trucks by deleting the entire <CompletionStarsDecal/> line, or just deleting the Dir="(0; 0; 0)" and Pos="(0; 0; 0)" from it.