Remake melee

I know its a pain but the melee in this game is actually the worst ive ever seen in any fps, it should honestly be done from the ground up.

When you need it, its never there. It feels bad to die to (when bots manage to land it) and it practically never works when you try it. It loosk bad, it feels bad, its bad.

Agreed. Melee needs an overhaul. Apart from the concerns with melee's deficiencies already addressed I would add that when I get the jump on a bot and strike him with my knife it takes at least two (one time up to four) melee hits with my knife. Given that the current parameters allow a bot to kill me with their firearm/nudge with a one-time-melee, this is an outrageous asymmetric advantage to the bots and I don't have fun using my knife. I want the option to go full-on Rambo (ie not using firearms). I don't care what anyone thinks about this. This is how I want to play sometimes 🙂

I would suggest both more realistic knife improvement (one-strike stealth / knife kill from behind) and two knife strikes from the front AT THE MOST. Think about it. Why would one non-knife melee from a bot beat me in hand-to-hand combat when I'm using my knife? Laaaammmme.

I don't expect Sandstorm to emulate FarCry Primal's smooth and theatrical stealth melee kills, but an attempt would be much appreciated.