What we know so far of Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood

Revamped the OP to be a substantial summary of what we know so far. It was getting a bit too much with the quotes and whatnots. The news section remains but further down in another post.

I saw many more concept art images in the background behind the gamereactor interview but they seem to be hidden from the internet for now unfortunately. Think I'll try to fill in the gap of concept art later, I remember the first time they showed they had more to publicly share with us.

last edited by Rawn
Community Manager

@rawn said in 'Le What's Next De Focus' and Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood:

Revamped the OP to be a substantial summary of what we know so far. It was getting a bit too much with the quotes and whatnots. The news section remains but further down in another post.

I saw many more concept art images in the background behind the gamereactor interview but they seem to be hidden from the internet for now unfortunately. Think I'll try to fill in the gap of concept art later, I remember the first time they showed they had more to publicly share with us.

Thanks a lot for your work on this. It's awesome to see your enthusiasm toward the game 🙂

@Netheos No problem! Has been real fun to hunt for articles the last few days, like finding the pieces to a puzzle.

But! Now that I have your attention... is it possible to get the new concept art images on show publicly available?

I've done my best with random photos from tweets but they are like really blurry. ^^;

last edited by Rawn
Community Manager

@rawn said in 'Le What's Next De Focus' and Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood:

@Netheos No problem! Has been real fun to hunt for articles the last few days, like finding the pieces to a puzzle.

But! Now that I have your attention... is it possible to get the new concept art images on show publicly available?

I've done my best with random photos from tweets but they are like really blurry. ^^;

Here is the main art full size:

0_1519209217629_Werewolf-Illustration-_LOGO.JPG

We're just waiting for a few last articles to be published to give you the images we gave to journalists at the press event. Don't hesitate to remind me that early March (it should be the publication date of the last one).

Will most certainly follow up on that offer in March. Thanks!

@netheos said in 'Le What's Next De Focus' and Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood:

We're just waiting for a few last articles to be published to give you the images we gave to journalists at the press event. Don't hesitate to remind me that early March (it should be the publication date of the last one).

Hi, netheos. The game starts to look interesting. Can I have one question? Do you plan some light puzzles for challenges in spirit world? For example something like enviromental puzzles in recent Hellblade (looking for signs). I think it makes sense for spirit world and it could be nice addition to gameplay.

Community Manager

@farflame said in 'Le What's Next De Focus' and Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood:

@netheos said in 'Le What's Next De Focus' and Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood:

Hi, netheos. The game starts to look interesting. Can I have one question? Do you plan some light puzzles for challenges in spirit world? For example something like enviromental puzzles in recent Hellblade (looking for signs). I think it makes sense for spirit world and it could be nice addition to gameplay.

I'll ask to the devs but it might be too early to reveal this kind of info.

@farflame said in 'Le What's Next De Focus' and Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood:

I'll ask to the devs but it might be too early to reveal this kind of info.

Thanks. I see but I dont ask for more than a hint. Just hint that they think about it, nothing more. 🙂

Hey @netheos! Thought I'd give you that March reminder. I've scouted these images from tweets and the GameReactor video, but haven't seen any high resolution versions of them in any article so far.

Might be an intentional move from you guys - but that's where my puppy eyes come in. 👀 They look great.

P.S. Is the title Earthblood or Earth Blood by the way?

0_1520081120755_1067bbf9-c013-4d78-80c9-aaf4bbd9a78b-image.png

0_1520081168200_83c817c2-9b07-49cf-b2b7-0f839bbd1693-image.png

0_1520081374528_db466d85-edd8-4af4-9b92-bfffc73db46d-image.png

alt text

alt text

alt text

last edited by Rawn

Werewolf: The Apocalypse is one of those games that I am really looking forward to playing! I think that this game will be an amazing experience for people who love Role-Playing Games. Also the artwork and stuff I have been seeing looks amazing I will most likely purchase this game the first day it is released!

PC Gamer article appeared on Discord a few weeks ago so here it is.

0_1524386792950_wta_earthblood_pcgamer.png

Not much new here, except that the player can lunge from vents in wolf form and attack guards. Still amazed that the games journalists can't fact-check 'Crinos form'.

last edited by Rawn

I really think this game will be something special that fans of the World of Darkness will want to buy. I played Vampire the Masquerade Redemption and Bloodlines and I cannot wait to play this game.

I really hope to see something of this game at E3.

Discord user Razaman just recently shared some never seen before images! (I'll update with source later if possible how he/she found them)

Edit: From the official World of Darkness page in the Werewolf section.
Edit: Apparently these images have titles! Source.

Wendigo Crinos
0_1527448257764_f0b1b386-7d37-472b-a832-620bc4c09f13.jpg

When will you rage
0_1527448274193_75fb182c-5dde-4cb3-878c-6c62da33eb88.jpg

Umbral lands
0_1527448310502_9ac56d37-7924-4371-91b1-5b62ae51cbac.jpg

The last tree
0_1527483996661_29949906-e74d-46c3-9b3a-93331c165f30.png

No title
0_1527527903503_8fbcc123-1988-4c01-89db-068c53102ca0.jpg

last edited by Rawn

An interview on the swedish site gamingaktier.com with Tobias Sjögren gives some additional insight on engine and release date (add a healthy dose of salt to that statement, especially if it's not coming from Cyanide Studios themselves). Translated by yours truly.

Sjögren: "The game is coming to PC and console and is being created in the Unreal-engine. The genre is action RPG. The goal is for the game to be released during the first half of 2019."

And completely unrelated to Earthblood, Sjögren mentioned about the possibility of TV-serie(s) based on World of Darkness.

Interviewer: "In an older youtube video you mentioned it would be a failure from your side to not have a Netflix-series based on the World of Darkness universe within a couple of years. Can you elaborate? Are there any plans for a series today?"

Sjögren: "Yes, and by Netflix we are talking about streaming services in general, there are after all several options in that field. First and foremost we believe that we (White Wolf) have a lot of stories to tell that would fit extremely well as TV-serie(s), and we work with the ambition to have something on the market as early as 2020. So the work from our side is well under way. One particular trap we're trying to avoid is not having full control over the rights, so we don't e.g. get in the same situation as Skybound with their IP 'Walking Dead' where the universe exists in two versions. One is based on the TV-series that is produced by AMC, and the other is the comic (the original). Therefore we're not going for the first license-offer we come across with the highest guarantee. We're looking for a serious collaboration and hoping to produce several parallel TV-series such as Marvel have done on Netflix with Daredevil, Jessica Jones and so on."

The german site wodnews.blog also made a write-up of the same article.

last edited by Rawn

And in a very sad turn of events, we won't be seeing Earthblood at E3 this year.

click to show

last edited by Rawn

Ah.

Though it sucks we're not going to be seeing any of it at E3, I'm pretty excited that their goal is for the first half of 2019 (Though I'm sure it's going to get delayed).

@humblehomid said in What we know so far of Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood:

Ah.

Though it sucks we're not going to be seeing any of it at E3, I'm pretty excited that their goal is for the first half of 2019 (Though I'm sure it's going to get delayed).

Yes, its going to be delayed. Otherwise they would have something to show behind closed doors.

@rawn said in What we know so far of Werewolf the Apocalypse: Earthblood:

Still amazed that the games journalists can't fact-check 'Crinos form'.

Its only a prove that there are very low standards for mainstream journalism (even outside of games, in politics etc). They like to boast about themselves as great professionals who verify everything. Its a lie (for a lot of them). One local gaming journalist said in public that its common standard that they (journalists) just copy each other. Maybe its not common for everybody but I think he told the truth.

last edited by Farflame

During March Cyanide Studios was acquired by the french publisher BigBen, acquiring for some 20M€ a total of 100% of their shares and voting rights.

BigBen's press release can be downloaded as PDF here.

Gamesindustry.biz gives some light on Cyanide's current projects, namely that Focus Home Interactive will still be publishing Werewolf, among other games.

The acquisition is expected to close in June 2018. Cyanide will maintain its existing agreements with publishers, with Call of Cthulhu, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and Space Hulk: Tactics to be published by Focus Home Interactive.

On a related side note, from an article from RockPaperShotgun:

French newspaper Le Monde relay word from secret sources that Focus’s management had tried to buy Cyanide but the board shot it down. Supposedly, Le Monde say, this is one of the reasons why Focus president Cédric Lagarrigue resigned in April. Oh, Le Monde also say that the Tour de France license–made into management games by Cyanide–will stay with Focus but claim Cyanide are negotiating to nab the rights.

At this point we don't know anything about the game aside from interviews and concept art, and now this, so I'm legit a bit worried. Them bailing out on showing up for E3 hasn't helped. 😞

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.