Question, Hopes, Concerns, Worries?

So I have a few of those and I hope that I, and even maybe some other people here will find some answers on next week.

First of all, I would like to say that I'm glad that we will see Battlefleet gothic armada in the new game, Some updates for the first game would be nice but I think that potential of that game is already spend for various of reasons and new content would not contribute much to that game. So I consider a new game a very good move.

Additionally, I like that new game happens in "Dark Imperium", this will be the first game in this timeline if I'm not mistaken. Exciting as it is it comes with a lot of responsibility too. Do not fail us, do not fail the Emperor!

Returning to my question and such:

1. Where is Comunity Manager for Battlefleet Gotic Armada Blexus Falconer? He was not online on the forum form 22 Sep 2017. Is he there somewhere?

2. Communication. So in the case of the first game communication was very, very poor. To such extent that game was available for preorder before we known what kind of game it is. So I hope that we will have some proper informations and communications this time. I'm aware that game development is not an easy task, a lot of things can change, some things have to be cut and people have a tendency to point it out and be upset, which is understandable to the degree but you could explain things, and their complexity to the community as well. I like how Paradox Interactive is doing this, they are quite open and they like to show and talk about their work. Often stuff is not ready, does not work and, sometimes it is reworked but most people seem to like it is. Of course, there are people who only are waining about overpriced DLC but they have no idea how much work and research they are putting in those DLC, yeah, right, I ate pizzas today for half the price of such DLC so I would not exaggerate with this whole overpriced thing. So, some highlights from time to time would be nice.

3. Changes and new ideas. I liked and still like original Battlefleet game but there wore some ideas in that game that was not the best solutions. Intentions were good but it came out as always in the crash with the people. Such things shortened the potential of the game. I would like to ask what you have learned and how you have addressed such issues? This is quite a topic and as I see the game is in some pre-alpha so it can be hard to answer directly and unequivocally but some sketch would be welcome.

4. Size. So BFGA II got some size. 12 Fleets! Great but worrisome as well. There can be many questions about such move. And I have a few as well.

4a. always present issue of balance. It will be next to impossible balancing a such number of different to some extent fleets. How are you going to approach balance issue? Is it some priority for you?

4b. fleets varying in the number of available ships, some have many, some have about 2 like Dark Eldar. How are such small fleets going to be playable? Will be there some ways of using ships of others flees ion form of allies, far-reaching customizations or new, not seen yet ships?

4c. you mentioned that there will be more points, so we will have more ships. Cool but there is quite a lot to do with those 4-5 we have now, torpedos, orders, boardings, void crafts, repairs, and skills. Will you change something in that regard?

4d. Further potential. So, if you are poping 12 fleets from day one so what are you planning to do next, if anything at all? Thera are options of course, like new ships and such but I would like to hear something about it.

1. True to the original or maybe not at 100%. So in the first game, you were "shackle" to the designs of the original, tabletop game. Have you maybe some freedom this time? There is Dark Imperium after all, new stuff is invented and it is coming out, as far as I know in the navy too and the original tabletop game is quite old and abandoned for a long time so a breath of fresh air would be welcome but this is not something you have control on but it would be nice to know.

2. Storyline. So we know that game happens in "8 edition" and this is cool. But how it will look like exactly? How broad it will be, before/during/after indominetus crusadre, maybe only some episode. Who will be the hero/heroes of the campaign? And is any black library writer involved in this game (I really hope not)?

3. Here https://youtu.be/L3E86BTo0WM?t=2m14s I see ark ship saturated with imperial eagles. Is it a result of some pre-alpha copy/paste or full-scale heresy already? At least Opus Machina has 12 teeth as it should.

4. Have you/are you planning to do something with those funny Aeldari weapons arks?

5. Will be there any new update for original BFGA? I just started a new campaign and I'm just in 14 mission so I do not know if it would be not wise to wait a bit for an update if there is one on the horizon. I would like the straight answer to this one.

So much form me for now.

last edited by Grey Seer

gladius is just after the fall of cadia i think
so its a race to be the first in the dark imperium

Im seriously hoping that with the increase in points and ships. They axe out the ability spam or remove the obnoxious and gimmicky ones or it will just suck again. 8 stasis bombs wooooow. Much fun.... Keep abilities support oriented please.....

last edited by CANNED_F3TUS

I have one more question. I will edit the OP too.

1. Will be there any new update for original BFGA? I just started a new campaign and I'm just in 14 mission so I do not know if it would be not wise to wait a bit for an update if there is one on the horizon. I would like the straight answer to this one.

@canned_f3tus And strip Nova Cannons from Orks. They've got plenty of their own gimmicky weapons that could be used instead. (Say, "Da Bubble Chukka" or capital scale Pulsa Rokkits)

@kadaeux Imo every spammi ability that deals damage or does CC needs to be looked at or removed. Not just the orks with gimmicks.

The big ones to me are:

Communication from Focus Home. This could not have been handled worse the first time around. The community got pretty pissed off being strung along for a year, to the point where I'm not sure I'm going to pick this up at launch.

Differentiation between the races. This was handled well in the first game, but with three Eldar and two Tau, I'm worried they're going to be essentially reskins of one another.

Balancing the Necron. People were upset by the Tau in the first game; The Necron could wipe out a Tau fleet with a single ship. How are they going to balance this?

Please tell me the progression system from the first game is still in. If so, has it been expanded upon in any way?

@romeo Great Post. They be honest I think the responsiveness is the bigger issue. Months is far to long to ignore a community, but a full YEAR? It’s the reason that I, like you, am questioning this purchase. It hurts not just the community, but the faith in, and thus the sales of, the Game.

As for the Necrons...There are just too many things that can’t be tweaked right. They will have to go the TT route of tiny, but instead of TT tiny lore levels of tiny. Amarah didn’t work out so well with 5-1, so 7-10 times the number would be my recommendation. Alternatively, restrict them to skirmish only, as multiplayer would be an issue. While it would hurt me to dock my fleets, I would prefer that to them becoming the abomination the Tau were in BFG 1.

Blexus Falconer was online today. He has not even come to say hello, not to mention satisfy our curiosity in any way.

last edited by Grey Seer

@nemesor-xanxas said in Question, Hopes, Concerns, Worries?:

@romeo Great Post. They be honest I think the responsiveness is the bigger issue. Months is far to long to ignore a community, but a full YEAR? It’s the reason that I, like you, am questioning this purchase. It hurts not just the community, but the faith in, and thus the sales of, the Game.

As for the Necrons...There are just too many things that can’t be tweaked right. They will have to go the TT route of tiny, but instead of TT tiny lore levels of tiny. Amarah didn’t work out so well with 5-1, so 7-10 times the number would be my recommendation. Alternatively, restrict them to skirmish only, as multiplayer would be an issue. While it would hurt me to dock my fleets, I would prefer that to them becoming the abomination the Tau were in BFG 1.

The only way I could see the Necrons getting balanced is through the fact we're getting bigger fleets this time around (according to the second video). If the Necron are literally just using a couple ships versus everyone else's ten or more, it could drag them down enough to be fair-ish.

Though, like yourself, they could always just give the middle finger to balance and focus on fun. Works very well in Endless Space/Legend.

@romeo Yeah the ability to balance the Necrontyr Navy will be decided I think based on how much bigger the fleets will be in comparison to the last game. Currently they are big enough to field 3 cairns, 6 scythes, 1shroud, 1 jackal, and 1 dirge, which would be 3,395 points in the TT. That's an almost 5x increase over the size of the last game, so its currently getting to required levels. The Necrons fleets should be smaller than this though, because that is the most Cairns present in any battle in Imperial History. If that doen't work out I would like them to, as you put it, take the fun first route. Maybe that means I never truly get to test my fleet, but this is a game, which is meant to be fun for everyone, not just the victor. That fundamental fact should be remembered, as it will lead to better balance in the future I think.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.