goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed

In case someone haven't seen it yet, there's a page that lets you look at league stats / standings. Updated hourly(-ish)
http://www.mordrek.com/goblinSpy

More info in original thread on old forums: http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=8183&sid=297f37ca5b6247d19d90a2b8bb7357e0

Report bugs in this thread or by PM to me. Only critical ones will probably be fixed.

If a game is missing, report in this thread or PM me. I need date of game (and the next/previous date if close to midnight).

If you are interested in getting bulk data for advanced data crunching, see this thread:
http://forums.focus-home.com/topic/315/download-of-goblin-spy-database

Hi, thanks for this. When I click in the link all I get is a "Unable to query the server" message at the bottom.

last edited by Viajero

@Viajero said in goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed:

Hi, thanks for this. When I click in the link all I get is a "Unable to query the server" message at the bottom.

That means it failed to get data at the moment ; try again in a minute or so.
I can't see anything exceptional at the server the last couple of days so it was probably just a bit slow responding while updating the database.

Hi
I didn't find a topic about your other tool : BB2Stats.
Thanks a lot for it. It's awesome

I just have 2 suggestions we really would like :

1. Have you planned to create a "coach view" ? The coach's name appears in each match, but a screen with stats about the coach would be great

2. Is there a way to download the log uploaded on your server ? It would be useful in order to view the match directly in the game, since the BB2 replays disapear after 10 days

last edited by redd

@redd :

1. I'm not spending any more time on BB2Stats (unless critical bugs or really quick things)
  2. I added a download link on the game page under section "highlights".

Thank you very much !

Got some questions in chat regarding BB2Stats and goblinSpy, but chat is too small to respond so, this is the response.

what does best playmaker measure? I counted and rewatched the replay several times and i can only hazard that the stats are all doubled?

Wow, yea, feels like BB2Stats was forever ago.
Please note that I'm doing as little as possible on goblinSpy and basically nothing on BB2Stats nowadays, because I got other things to do.
But I'll see if I can answer things for you.
Some stats are calculated based on the replays and may therefore be only somewhat correct, and some stats are as calculated by the game.

Playmaker is just the title for the leaderboard ranking based on meters passed (or InflictedMetersPassing as cyanide call it).
InflictedMetersPassing is calculated by the game.
Just went with the name, but looked at the replay now and it seems to be the value for meters passed, but placed on the receivers, not the passers...
gah...
I should remove playmaker since it's catcher related and not passer related...

As for doubled, it's the values given by cyanide, so I assume they call each square 2 meters.
If you look at the numbers neaer the sideline on this screenshot, you can see that it is also consistent with the game:
https://static5.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1544/15443861/2940533-6.jpg

anyway to hide columns in goblinspy?

Hiding columns in goblinSpy is still a bit "advanced".
I was planning to make it easy, but I never got to it.
If you open the advanced mode on a query by clicking "Edit", you can add or remove "Alias".
Add an alias, set to "<hide>" on the column value you want to hide and then press "Execute query".
This will be remembered if you use the "Export view" to show the result to somweone else or embedded on a page.

why isnt goblinspy as useful as statsgrabber?
all the leagues ive seen seem to prefer your previous work. (the sorting was easier)

Well it depends on what you mean by useful.
GoblinSpy is much more advanced and allow you to filter on basically anything,
you can check how many teams are Ork teams with TV > 1400 and no Concedes, or whatever you
want to know.

The main drawbacks as I see it:

• No calculated stats, such as Good/neutral/bad blocks, Risk, Luck, Dodges, Pickups etc, in the normal lists.
    This is because the server would not like it if it had to download and process all thousands of replay files so I only use what is already calculated by Cyanide for goblinSpy.
    BB2Stats was limited by the number of people uploading, goblinSpy is not...
    You can still see most of the advanced stats on goblinSpy if you click the magnifying glass on the game and then choose details.
    This is not gonna change.

• Harder sorting.
    This is because a quick sort like what is used on BB2Stats would only sort whats currently on screen.
    If you have Cabalvision Open League with thousands of games, you need to sort based
    on all games, including what's not currently shown on screen.
    And you can't show all thousands of games on the same screen.
    I therefore choose to use query-sorting instead of quick-sorting.
    I have considered a "non-query" mode of goblinSpy for smaller leagues, but it takes time and effort
    and I'm not motivated enough to do that at the moment.
    This is most likely not gonna change.

• No "front page" with leaderboard etc.
    This may change.

If you got any ideas to make it more useful, let me know.
I might not bother to implement it, but you never now.

last edited by mordrek

Thanks for all the info! you rock.
If you could just name "playmaker" to "Top 10 Receivers" we would be all set.

Finally, is there anyway to determine passing yardage as a stat for the throwers?

last edited by method

Got inspired and started changing things around:

• Added front pages that are simpler. Old advanced queries now under a separate button.
  • Easier to switch between different leagues and competitions
  • Front pages do not allow filtering, but have click-to-sort column headers (only sorts visible content).
  • Front pages have some clickable teamnames and coachnames taking you to team/coach- pages.
  • Denser look to show more info
  • Added top-list page

Let me know if I broke something or if you miss something.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

Nice! I really liked your dark style, but the text colour is off with it. Any chance of a change? Works fine in light, so no bother if you don't want to.

@dode74 said in goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed:

Nice! I really liked your dark style, but the text colour is off with it. Any chance of a change? Works fine in light, so no bother if you don't want to.

oh,right, haven't bothered to check that.
will take a look and see if I can make it work.

Edit:
Should look better now.
You will need to reload the page and re-select the Dark style.

last edited by mordrek

Hi Mordrek,

Could you please reload the results for this competition?

League : Belin!
Competition : Coppa Remesccio

We started on the 15th of October but the competition was not activated..
We played on the 15, 16, 17, 19, 22 and 26th of October.

Thanks
Matteo

last edited by Matteo Matteucci

@matteo-matteucci
Hi. I think it has done the collecting now (takes a while after activation).
PM me if there are still missing matches on some date

Sorry, another issue.

Zena Extreme League
ZXL V - Copper Division

I tried to remove 1 game because it has been reset but the button is not working.
The match is Viva la Topa - the Elven XI: 3-1

@matteo-matteucci said in goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed:

Sorry, another issue.

Zena Extreme League
ZXL V - Copper Division

I tried to remove 1 game because it has been reset but the button is not working.
The match is Viva la Topa - the Elven XI: 3-1

I only see the 2-2 result so the button seems to have worked.
It however takes a while until the result is shown (it doesn't collect immediately).

PM me if you still have issues.

Hi, I was looking at this game http://www.mordrek.com/goblinSpy/web/goblinSpy.html?platform=pc&league=Cabalvision Official League&competition=Champion Ladder X&q=*vs-dices&t1=10003abde3-1738194&t2=10003abde3-1756642&m=10003abde3

There is something I don't fully understand. I reviewed the web replay and team turkish delights only rolled a double skull (turn 2). But on the chart 2d+ block best dice it seems they had 5 of them. How are they calculated? Maybe am I misunderstanding the chart?
Also when I try to download the replay file (to doublecheck) windows explorer tells me the zip file is corrupted.

last edited by J10s aka smocco

@j10s-aka-smocco said in goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed:

Hi, I was looking at this game http://www.mordrek.com/goblinSpy/web/goblinSpy.html?platform=pc&league=Cabalvision Official League&competition=Champion Ladder X&q=*vs-dices&t1=10003abde3-1738194&t2=10003abde3-1756642&m=10003abde3

There is something I don't fully understand. I reviewed the web replay and team turkish delights only rolled a double skull (turn 2). But on the chart 2d+ block best dice it seems they had 5 of them. How are they calculated? Maybe am I misunderstanding the chart?

Thanks for reporting.
I had made a logic error in the presentation of those dices.
Corrected now. You may need to hold shift while pressing reload on the page in order to force the browser to use the fix (if it's cached).

Also when I try to download the replay file (to doublecheck) windows explorer tells me the zip file is corrupted.

Hm, no idea why.
It's the same file that I unzip on server in order to parse the data, but 7zip and windows extraction don't like the files for some reason.
Noted.

Hi Mordrek,

this morning I had a small mishap with My Wardancer, quad-skulls followed by MNG and the APO showed something even worse (don't know anymore, but it was some stat-loss). Wanted to check it in the replay on your page, but it doesn't show the APO result, just three times the original result:

Talanfel Blitz! Move to [9,1] Dodge (2+): 3 SUCCESS Move to [12,1] Block Оатлксл Reroll Ball at [12,1] Block Talanfel Select Armor (8+): 6 3 Injury 6 6 1 Casualty 48 Pinched nerve (MNG) Casualty 48 Pinched nerve (MNG) Casualty 48 Pinched nerve (MNG)

This is from turn 11 from:

http://www.mordrek.com/goblinSpy/web/game.html?mid=10003b3824

from the game

http://www.mordrek.com/goblinSpy/web/vs.html?db=INQWEYLMOZUXG2LPNYQE6ZTGNFRWSYLMEBGGKYLHOVSSALJAINUGC3LQNFXW4ICMMFSGIZLSEBMCALJAOBRQ&t1=10003b3824-1763196&t2=10003b3824-1757526&m=10003b3824

Keep up the good work!

Hi Mordrek,

The Champs ladder for Xbox season 10 seems to be missing games from 3rd to 6th of Nov. I've only played in that period and none of my teams/matches are showing.
Could you take a look when you have a chance please?

Thanks

@ronaldbeanio
Thanks for reporting.
Numbers looks a bit low for a couple of days around the end of the month.
I'll request new data for Oct 29 - Nov 6.
Take a look tomorrow and PM me if there are still problems.

Hi Mordrek,

just a suggestion for a possible improvement of your database:
I think people are really interested into statistics about the mm-pools, so an add-on would be to include a column to the database, which gives you some kind of id to a pool, which lead to the matchup. This way, people could look up, which teams were in one pool and get some overall statistics on how big pools are within a certain timeframe/within a league.

Remark: I had this idea, because I was thinking about doing the analysis again, which I did some month ago, but then I thought it might be really handy, if such data was already available on goblinspy. However, I can understand if this is a bit to fiddly to include.

@arne
Not sure how to get a pool id.
Or perhaps it's good enough with estimated pool sizes by grouping start time by 5 minute span ?

If you download the database from the competition page and then use http://sqlitebrowser.org/ to open the file , then you can group by interval like this (where 5 is the number of minutes):

Or if you want to save it as a table:

Perhaps something like that is what you are looking for?

last edited by mordrek

@Arne
Couldn't get spoilers right, should look like this inside:

select datetime((strftime('%s', started) / (60 * 5)) * (60 * 5), 'unixepoch') interval,
count(*) cnt
from leaguematches
group by interval
order by interval

and the second like this:

create table pools as
select datetime((strftime('%s', started) / (60 * 5)) * (60 * 5), 'unixepoch') interval,
count(*) cnt
from leaguematches
group by interval
order by interval

last edited by mordrek

@mordrek Hi, further to @ronaldbeanio request there also seems to be a couple of
48hr periods missing for PC & PS4 platforms around the same time as mentioned
(+ possibly a couple of days before?) I don't know if these are recoverable but
hoped you could check it out for us. TY

@mercy-flush
Sure, I'll request new data for those dates where there are gaps for ps4.
Dont' see any gaps for PC CCLX or am I missing something?
PM me tomorrow if you still miss something.

last edited by mordrek

@mordrek
Hi Mate, the Xbox Champs X doesn't seem to have updated since the 9th.
Could you take a look at some point please?

Thanks

@ronaldbeanio
Sure. I've started recollecting for 9/11 and forward

hm, weird. same for ps4 and I'm not getting any data for either.

last edited by mordrek

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.