goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed
Community Manager

Hi, I just warned Cyanide. They're aware of the issue and are working to get everything back up as soon as possible.

FYI:
Cyanide stats are up and running again.
Goblin is busy collecting and it will take a little while for it to get all the way back to 23/12.

@mordrek
Hi mate! I'm here again! 🙂
Scripting time is ended, all goes good, and want to thanks you for this!
Now I'm building a basic GUI for my league Admin, hoping it will be simple enough.
Can I ask you another two questions?

1. Just for curiosity: I've a simple security check to ensure matches are not registered two times in my re-arranged db.
    Starting from your .sqlite db structure, I compare the match's "uuid" field in "leaguematches" table for this job, and all goes fine. But I've seen an "id" field too in this table...What's their differences? Do you suggest to use "uuid", "id", or both for this task? PS Data are like: uuid : "10 char alphanumerics" id: "7 char numeric".
  2. There's some way to "Activate a league" on goblin spy directly from my script? It will help my league admin a lot...
    I know I have to use the link http://www.mordrek.com/goblinSpy/web/activate.html?platform=pc&league=MYLEAGUE&competition=MYCOMPETITION in some way, but I'm blocked here for now :(.

Thanks a lot!
Regards
SAtanello

@satanello86

1. I think uuid is a hex version of id (with 1000 prefixed) and you should be able to use any one of them.
  2. You can activate using an URL similar to this:
    http://www.mordrek.com:8888/EnableCollection?platform=pc&league=Cabalvision Official League&competition=Champion Ladder XI
    Once activated it will start collecting starting with the day before.
    If no match have been played yet, you may need to activate again once a match have been played (because if no matches have been found it may become deactivated).

@mordrek said in goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed:

1. I think uuid is a hex version of id (with 1000 prefixed) and you should be able to use any one of them.

Confirming this.

@dode74 said in goblinSpy - league stats without upload needed:

Confirming this.

Thank you both!

@satanello86

2. You can activate using an URL similar to this:
    http://www.mordrek.com:8888/EnableCollection?platform=pc&league=Cabalvision Official League&competition=Champion Ladder XI
    Once activated it will start collecting starting with the day before.
    If no match have been played yet, you may need to activate again once a match have been played (because if no matches have been found it may become deactivated).

Oh, really really simple!!!! Thanks again!!!! When the works ends, I'll give you my preistoric code and makes it avaible on github 🙂
GUI in building with python Kivy framework (ipotetically that's mades the python program multiplatform from Mac to android and windows).
For rankings I'm using both goblinspy and challonge (for the really simple API and personalized Tie Breacker).
Regards again!

last edited by satanello86

I downloaded a few replay files using the link at the bottom of match summaries this week.. none of them would unarchive. A quick look at the file showed 6 extra bytes at the start of each file: 0D 0A 0D 0A 0D 0A, followed by the correct zip file.

I can just fix them as I download them, but I figured it might be worth taking a look at on the script side.

@voodoomike
Thanks, I'll take a look

Edit:
For those that are having problems extracting the files:
Extracting works with 7-zip (www.7-zip.org)

I don't really know where those bytes come from or what purpose they serve. I download these files from Cyanide using curl and don't alter them.

last edited by mordrek

For those that are having problems extracting the files:
Extracting works with 7-zip (www.7-zip.org)

Well, the main issue is that those files won't work with places like www.onesandskulls.com without first having those bytes removed, and I'm guessing most people don't know how to remove them.

I don't really know where those bytes come from or what purpose they serve. I download these files from Cyanide using curl and don't alter them.

0D0A is a hard return (CR+LF) so we're looking at 3 of those pairs at the start of the file. My guess is its a mistake in someone (could very well be Cyanide's) download script, but lets face it... they're not going to do anything to fix that 😉

Hullo, is there a way to send an arbitrary SQL query to your databases and just get back raw data? I am trying to teach a bot how to look up stuff in GSpy and it would be nice to have easy access to current data without having to download the whole database every day.

It looks like I may be able to hack something together with Export Views but that involves going through an extra layer or two of javascript and is quite ugly if it even works

@bzl-eleven: nope.
I could however allow a function similar to export view that returns json from the url instead if that helps.

I think I could work with that! It's a pretty niche thing, of course, so don't make it a high priority or anything

@bzl-eleven
No problem.
I'm not planning on spending much more time on the spy, but this is a pure frontend fix that is easily done.
You now have a link in the upper left corner of the "export view"-page.

That link will perform the same query and return the result in json.

It's a rather lengthy URL so that may cause problems on some system.
If it proves to be a problem, then I can use the shortened version that is used in the "export view"-url, but that would require backend changes (or waiting for javascript to finish running).

Seems to work perfectly, thank you!

Hi mordrek !

Great work for the community !

I'm sorry if the question has already been asked before but is it possible to do not accept conceded matches in a private league ?

Two coaches of my league (Blood Hazard League) have a conceded match due to internet issue.

I've reset the match in-game and they played a regular match but the conceded one appears on goblin spy and been integrate to the season's stats.

Thanks a lot for your answer !

Ægir

last edited by Ægir

Ok I just found the button to remove the game 🙂

Thanks a lot !

Ægir

Hi Mordrek,

Sorry to bother but the system is not collecting data from:
League:Testing or not to testing
Competition: Bittio Bittio of my Realm

Competition started on 30th January.
In the league menu I see 5 games and 10 players but there are no details..

Thanks
Matteo

@matteo-matteucci
Hi.
Make sure the league name and competition name is exactly as in game (including uppercase/lowercase spaces etc) when activating.
After activation it will take an hour or so depending on current workload until first data appear

It may be because of Resurrection mode activated?
No SPP or Inj awarded...

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.