Steam Workshop - Crowdfund?

Hi there,

steam workshop would make this game simply immortal. Don't you think?

Imagine creating all interesting races from Secret League & Stunty Leeg from Fumbbl - fiddle with rosters.

Duh, you could reskin your current rosters. Greenskin Lizards? Why not!

Winter pitch for your Norse team? I'd love to!

There's plenty of features this game could use, but I think that Steam Workshop support would be the best of them all.

I am pretty sure you even could crowdfund part of the costs... Releasing workshop after releasing DLCs with Chaos Pact & Khorne would make sense.

Cheers,
2gutta

GW aren't going to let that happen with their IP at all.

@2gutta GW are doing very well commercially the last thing they'd want is a game they're associated with handed over to the general public, they're awful.

Gnoblars being replaced with tiny penises would happen within a week, Nazi themed uniforms quickly as well.

@kejiruze said in Steam Workshop - Crowdfund?:

@2gutta GW are doing very well commercially the last thing they'd want is a game they're associated with handed over to the general public, they're awful.

Gnoblars being replaced with tiny penises would happen within a week, Nazi themed uniforms quickly as well.

They didn't seem too concerned with it with the original Dawn of War game - the 3rd party mods kept that game going for years. Penises in nazi uniforms will only appeal to people who are into that sort of thing rather than diluting the franchise.

The issue with modding, I suspect, is that it opens the door to content that Cyanide can't sell us as DLC.