A couple of suggestions (mostly been asked in the past already)

Just compiling what I can remember here.

1. Adding Stunty Leeg fanmade extension to BB2 (playable in MP leagues, of course), as a DLC. Here is rulebook: https://fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Afaicr, it uses the same core mechanics as regular BB, with very little changes (a bit more Secret Weapons, they are assigned some "danger categories", and depending on those have different chances of ejection; some prices were changed a bit (bribes, apo), and more apo rolls are available throug inducements; I also think a skill or two was added, or may be just renamed a bit for fluff - but that's about all). It's trully amazing how they managed to create 16 new teams and a BB experience that actually feels different (even more madness and violence on the pitch) from a regular "big" BB - by just rearranging standard pieces from original rulebook! Those rules undergone a lot of testing for years since they were created, and should be pretty safe to add as a side-project. Perhaps, a standalone game on itself? Or just a separate option in the main client, withe their own leagues?

The main investment here of course would be a whole multitude of different models, as a lot of races and creatures in it are new, and I understand that's a huge amount of work. Still, that would be a great big 40$+ DLC (a set of DLCs?), if Cyanide'll deliver.

2. Squigbowl. Rules are here: www.enos.ltd.uk/Downloads/sqb rules.pdf (another one: https://www.thenaf.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/SquigBowl.pdf) It doesn't change that much at all (new "ball" models, new mechanics for ball running around and biting you :) ), but it could add a lot of fun and variety to league's life. Shouldn't be too hard to implement as a little nice DLC adding an optional tournament to Leagues (and to solo play campaign perhaps).

3. League auction. Below is a quote I've seen in some discussion:

This particular league has an auction mid season. We bid our gold for things like daggers, chainsaws, magic helmets, and various other oddities our league commissioner comes up with. I had a goblin with a dagger for a while until people decided he had to die.

Seems like a pretty neat idea to me, to be an optional feature for Custom Leagues. First of all, I don't really like idea of equipment in BB, mangles with the core mechanics too much. But 1-2 pieces of such per team won't be that big deal, I guess. And such autction will enrich gameplay significantly. Items can grant something as simple as stat boosts (or STAT1+ and STAT2-, at the same time), or something a bit convoluted, like turning one your player into a secret weapon player with addition of Stab or Bombardier skill. I believe card decks from CRP (not implemented in BB2 atm) could be a great source of inspiration for actual effects.
To heat it up a bit some struggle for those artifact could be implemented too, like in case of killing/BH/MNG a player wearing it on the pictch it could become property of the opposing team after the match (limit of 1-2 items per team still remains, so suprluss items must be transeferred to auction right away). Owner of the item also must select a player to wear it if he chooses to keep the item (so no hiding it in the treasury forever). Item should increase team's TV as well.

1. A "True Madness Unleashed" set of optional features for the new Solo campaing and Multiplayer Leagues. Sort of package of different Home Rules (previously proposed League Auction could be moved in this one too) released as another DLC. Much more randomness than in usual BB play. Like a lot more of weather-related events, with lightning striking the field randomly, mist covering it and limiting your view distance to 5-10 squares, strong wind gusts shifting players on the field in the midst of a game etc.

I also would like to see Stadium Enhancements that actually mean something, adding different bonusess, but also (like always in BB) having some downsides too. May be even some objects on the pitch you can interact with, for more spectacular gameplay (a pool with sharks in the center of it? some cannons you can use to hulr a ball or yourself to the other side of the pitch? A jump platform changing its position each drive? whatever)

Adding cards from LRB6 rulebook would also be great. Still I would change rules a bit somehow limiting player's ability to choose what deck to draw from, as unfortunately some metas are already devised cause some decks more useless than others, so only few of them are actually being used. That reduces variety of situations and is not very good for fun (and all those features are clearly is not for a serious tournament games :) )

Edits:
Another nice bunch of Squig Bowl's (Ball?) home rules: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=36241

Cyanide/GW should really cosider adopting SquigBowl. In comparison with DungeonBowl released for BB1, it's really fun and popular by players. And needs much less work to bring it in.

last edited by Mori-Mori

For a Squigbowl I think this one rulebook may be a more straightforward: www.enos.ltd.uk/Downloads/sqb rules.pdf

As another possible "Home rule" for item 4) above, a mechanic of Retribution could be implemented. If enabled for tournament, after each its round, the soriest of loosers in this round is selected, and he is granted with a right to select any team passed to the next round of the tournament and unleash his wrath on it. Not quite sure how exactly it should be calculated. A series of Stabs to several [randomly] selected its players? Or the same way as Throw a Rock event from Kick Off table is apllied.

Fluff can be anything, "A squad of Dark Elf/Skaven assasins emerges from the shadows, with their daggers glimmering in pale light of the Moon" or "A swarm of enraged fans waiting for Victim_Team at the tavern's exit start hurling massive rocks at them mercilessly"

last edited by Mori-Mori
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pin this topic in the community wishlist.

If the team discuss about potential additional content, we'll come back here.

Thanks for the prompt response, @Netheos. That would be a lof of fun even if a just a part of this will be implemented (SquigBowl, pretty please, that's a lot of fun and really doesn't seem as too much work :) )

Regarding item 4), again. There was an old game called Chaos League, which was clearly derived from BloodBowl and employed a similar mechanics. Yet it didn't even remotely adhere to any official rulebook. There were a lot of things like magic and different items and weapons which sometimes were more significant factor in the victory than regular blocks and ball playing. If some of this experience could be transferred to BB2 Leagues/Solo campaing gameplay as optional DLC home rules, it could lighten up the mood of regular "serious" leagues' life.

A lot of things to add as a "fluff", "bells & wistles" optional features, in other word. I would definetely pay for anything providing more variety for those minor League tournaments.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Just another neat idea, which goes well with League Auction from before (I believe that's how that goblin mentioned in the quote met his demise, in the end) - a Bounty System used in some tabletop leagues. Coaches can collectively set a reward for the head of one particular nasty player on one particular team. Anybody lucky enough to take the player out for good grabs the cash. Again, should be an optional feature for custom leagues.

Grants another way of interaction beyond regular deal on the pitch to coaches in the League, and this is usually a good thing, building ties within community.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.