Friendly fire 0 chances

@planetcanada
You haven't got a clue what you're talking about. First you don't want friendly fire incidents then you want it, you don't want people to TK you, but you are talking about killing teammates.
Who the fuck even counts the 1 in a billion chance where a friendly is in front of you and suddenly an enemy appears behind him. It happens so rarely it's not even worth mentioning it.
Do you not fucking understand that by shooting someone you won't kill the other person behind it. It's basic physics. Guess what, the tiny little projectile we call bullets can and will get diverted by bones, hell even from the impact into muscle tissue. You just fail to understand basic physics here.
And why would the enemy behind suddenly become the T-1000 Terminator who can kill both of you. You do have legs don't you? Walk out of the way of your teammate.
Just another excuse for TK, and from what I saw one TK leads to another.
So enjoy TKing people, sprinting towards the objective with zero tactics using absolutely no teamplay and then blaming it on others. lol
The method I proposed would work perfectly against TKing abuses. It's that simple.

@sgt-kanyo said in Friendly fire 0 chances:

@planetcanada
Who the fuck even counts the 1 in a billion chance where a friendly is in front of you and suddenly an enemy appears behind him. It happens so rarely it's not even worth mentioning it.

No, this is about 1/3rd of the friendly fire incidents. Probably another 1/3rd being genuine misses in the exact same situation minus the requirement of them being both in line with eachother. Of the remaining third, about half (1/6th overall) are misidentifications in the heat of the moment. Of the remaining 1/6th you've got bullets passing through objects and hitting friendlies which seems to happen every now and then using insane recoil MG's indoors and of course the occasional fuckwit who joins the server and insists on behaving like an unwashed arsehole. Votekick would solve that near-nonexistent problem, which is coming next patch apparently.

Maybe the toxic behaviour thing is regional, I don't know, but I've had two encounters with it in 259 hours of play. Both turned into teamkilling shootouts until ragequits, but this is the internet after all. Expending development labour on such a nonfactor instead of fixing bugs, making weapons do damage or adding content is the definition of wasteful.

last edited by Whitby

@whitby
I didn't that chance from all friendly fire incidents. I meant on the battlefield it is very rare.

I've only seen a few FF incidents that were actually deliberate as well, but it's present even in COOP. Some guy accidentally (or not) TKed a teammate, then when the teammate respawned he TKed the guy, but like you said, it's quite rare.

@martymcp - I am cool with this but what do you do about people who say F-you and walk into your mollys? sit on cache? stand in front of you? are always running in front of others? yes I come across this constantly on community servers with this turned on. Guess what weapons no one uses? explosives mollys, nades, and no commander wants to use support. so half the arsenal becomes useless because of those A-holes.

I am not trying to shoot down your idea...I want it to work, trust me. However I came across the above and ...........sigh I really hate trolls.

last edited by Max80