The Surge hard crashes on Xbox One X

I bought the Surge and all expansions for the Xbox One X. The regular game seems to run well (10 hours playtime with no issues) but "The Good, The Bad, and The Augmented" expansion crashes frequently, shutting down the console entirely. It crashed when I first entered the Testing Chamber before I even started any missions; it crashed in the middle of a couple of missions, it crashed in the Medbay menu after a mission; and it crashed in the item fabrication menu prior to a mission - five crashes within an hour. Thus far the crashes seem to only be related to this expansion, so I'm planning to go back to the regular game and come back to this later, hopefully after it is fixed.

Please fix this issue. This expansion seems like a lot of fun, and I'd like to be able to play it.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you need any more information about this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dave

Community Manager

Hello @dave-pitt-owen,

Have you received any error messages when the game crashed, please?

No - I do not receive an error message. The system freezes, the controller becomes non-responsive, and then the entire Xbox shuts down and powers itself off a few seconds later. When I turn it back on, I have to re-launch the game. Is there any way to look for an error message after this kind of crash?

On the plus side, the main game runs very well; I still have no issues with that. It seems to be just the Augmented expansion, though I have yet to try the other one.

Community Manager

I'll pass this on to the team, and come back to you with more info!

As a quick update, this issue still exists.

I went back to the main game for several hours, and the game ran very well. I then took a few hours to complete the first part of the "A Walk In The Park", and had no issues. I went back to the main game for a bit, and had no problems. But when I went to the "The Good, the Bad, the Augmented" expansion, the game crashed my system within 5 minutes (just like I described in my last post).

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with your efforts.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.