Please find below a list the current known issues. Please keep in mind that this is a Beta and we're still working on ironing out some technical issues and balancing. For this reason, we would love to hear your feedback about the game!
Launching the game
If you are using Windows 10 and Fullscreen display mode, there is a possibility that the display will be corrupted with green flashes.
This is an NVIDIA-GPU issue sometimes with Unreal Engine Games.
Fix: Please use windowed or borderless window display to avoid the issue
We have noticed an issue on the first launch of the game with some anti-virus programs (such as Avast). The issue will only appear at first launch and we recommend rebooting the game if you encounter an issue upon launch.
If the game crashes at launch, delete your local folder in AppData and verify game file integrity on Steam.
Do not change your local files or it could create issues with the Anti-Cheat system.
- If you are sent back to the main menu after a bit of time in the battle menu, please verify the integrity of your files on Steam to fix the issue (this is linked to the Anti-Cheat)
- If you unplug your sound device during the splash screen, the game will freeze. You can left click to get to the main menu if this happens.
- Do not put a ! in your savegame name, this will cause the game to crash
- Let us know if you experience a crash – please report it on the technical forum on the steam forum, or on the focus forum with the associated dump file in your save folder
There are several known issues with the texts displayed in-game
- There are a few remaining texts issues
o Some texts start with an asterisk at the beginning
o The Alpha Legion is displayed as #N/A in the skirmish mode
o The Ork Komando training upgrade has the wrong description
o Some values are still not properly displayed
o The VO lines don’t match the subtitles during a part of the Imperium tutorial
o The Point of Interest “Listening Post” in the Exeltra Minor system has issues on its values.
o The “Blessing of vaul” upgrade doesn’t have its value displayed properly
- There are some freezes linked to the UI display (for example: Custom Fleet Panel will take a few seconds to load up)
- You cannot save during the prologue, you have to play it all the way through (this is not a bug)
- During prologue 1, when doing the “perform a boarding action” with your boarding torpedoes, there is a rare possibility that you will put the enemy ship in a drifting hulk state if you have rammed it before. Please restart or bypass the prologue if that’s the case.
- You can block yourself if you destroy the blackstone fortress before it loses its shield
- There is a slight delay with the subtitles during the prologue cutscenes
- During the second Prologue mission, when Captain Tor Garadon speaks to captain Harbride, the associated VO line will not be played, and the player has to manually click on “next”.
- All profiles have been reset for Pre-Order Beta 2
- The game will allow more time for slower players to connect to a game before invalidating it
- Fixed multiple connectivity issues
- Improved netcode to reduce desynchronization issues
- You can now ping on the map in 2vs2, which will be shown to your ally
- In the battle menu, there is no tooltip over the locked skills and upgrades. You must play in ranked to unlock them properly
- Sometimes the portrait that you earn after a multiplayer battle will not be the same as the one displayed in the score screen
- Multiples fixes have been made on the connectivity and desynchronization, let us know if you encounter an issue with the matchmaking.
- In multiplayer, the disruption bomb has a smaller radius than its actual area of effect
- In multiplayer, the guest can see texture issues with the fleet color Emperor’s Children and Death Guard
- When the augur probe skill collides with a ship, it will be displayed in its unit circle
- The augur probe skill can collide with allied ships
- In multiplayer, sometimes the tentacle skill on tyranid ships can go in the wrong direction
- The tyranids use the imperium model for their augur probe skill
- Guest can have some visibility issues in multiplayer
- In the battle menu, the animation of a skill/upgrade unlock is played each time you arrive there
- In 2vsAI, if the guest presses “back” when the host is selecting the AI, the game will not launch correctly