First feedback after one and a half hours of gameplay

The absence of information about weapons of the selected ship of the interface is painful. In BFG:A1 there were weapon profiles listed in the selected ship's profile, and it was quite useful, as with that you won't have to remember every ship class and their weaponry.

Now in BFG:A2 beta there are no ship weapons' profiles on the interface, and it's confusing, because sometimes it's hard to see and recognize weapons on the ship's ingame model. For example, I personally was confused about how to position a space marines' strike cruiser in the first combat encounter of the Imperium campaign, as I was not sure if it she has a front-mounted bombardment cannon.

I hope devs will notice this and fix the issue, as it will make the game much more easier to learn and understand.

That information is in the left-hand side panel, but you have to open the extra details (there's like a little arrow).

There's a lot of data in this Ui that's hidden by default.

last edited by TheMadTypist

@themadtypist said in First feedback after one and a half hours of gameplay:

That information is in the left-hand side panel, but you have to open the extra details (there's like a little arrow).

There's a lot of data in this Ui that's hidden by default.

Yeah, it's kinda weird how much information is intentionally obfuscated this time around.

If I had to guess, it might default that way for the benifit of the more experienced players, as they will likely be familiar enough with the ships to not need that information on screen and might get annoyed by having to minimize that panel at the start of every battle (to clean up their screen a bit).

Just a guess though. I'm not a game designer.

Oh, thanks to everyone. I somehow didn't notice the arrow.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.