Mod support?

If add new weapons or ships via mods worked, there are various ships both TT and fan made that would wholey fill the lines of all factions.

Hopefully the AI will know to pick Titans as well, otherwise the fights will be EXTREMELY one-sided. (Hell, the AI as it is now is not much of a contest)

@neighbor-kid We already have a list of ships scheduled to be added, but if you have suggestions, do list them and they might be considered for addition.

Well, if modding is that easy, I might go ahead and let Tindalos keep my money. My numerous issues with the game might be easier to handle if I know I can simply mod some of them away.

@caliger_reborn said in Mod support?:

@neighbor-kid We already have a list of ships scheduled to be added, but if you have suggestions, do list them and they might be considered for addition.

Many ships i'd think of is really based on model representation made custom, or looking through what fans of the TT have come up with.

Easy example in which I believe based on what you guys did for the first VI, the Neptune Battle Cruiser could be done.

It's essentially an all Lance battle cruiser. Taking the Armageddon, and remove it's starboard and port macro batteries and place in a lance battery per side. Voila, the Neptune is born. Though it's fluff was the extra lances armament made it a bit slower than other ships due to power consumption of new lance batteries.

What I was asking is not entirely different ship designs, but model changes that may require exporting and importing new models.

Example- Another ship name was the Pride of Fenris(another fan inspired ship), which is essentially a Retribution class battleship with the prow/bow, hanger bay of the battle barge for the space marines.

To me I would think the Pride of Fenris example would require a whole new model if say the bows were not interchangeable. Just wondering if importing a new model was something that appears possible, or something that doesn't seem possible. Especially knowing how GW can really hold dev teams back from allowing such workings. Though seeing WHTW does give a bit of hope.

@neighbor-kid We don't have a model guy on our team, so honestly don't know.

Hi, quick question for the modders out there please.

I was wondering if it's possible to mod Spire out of the imperial campaign as a compulsory component? I want to replay it with Mechanicus or space marine fleets only.

I know the story won't make much sense without him but I think it would be fun to try some of the scripted battles without the IN and create my own story.

Thx, and thx to modders in general can't wait to see what you come up with for this game.

@caliger_reborn said in Mod support?:

@neighbor-kid We don't have a model guy on our team, so honestly don't know.

Alright well, I'd like to suggest a ship that can be done like you guys did in the first VI,

the Neptune, all lance battle cruiser. Can be offset with slow speed, but just a hair faster than an imperial battleship.

How about a mod that adds some of Dawn of War best tracks to BFGA2?

@wulfburk said in Mod support?:

How about a mod that adds some of Dawn of War best tracks to BFGA2?

Definitely not going to be something that is publicly shared, it'd be copyright infringing. If you want to do that, you'd have to keep it to yourself.

I do not think we can mod the campaign's internal structure at the moment. We also can't add stuff like another game's music, I'm sure that also breaks a lot of contracts and thus would be unsupported. You can however download it from youtube and play it with a music player in the background.

Caliger is focusing efforts on balancing, and the new ships will be mostly what we are trying to do currently.

The Neptune is yes, hopefully going to be added.

@imperator Can we get an update on the progress of the mod? Do you guys have a discord or something? Keep up the good work btw. There is a lot of us out there eagerly awaiting mods for BFGA2.

@imperator said in Mod support?:

I do not think we can mod the campaign's internal structure at the moment. We also can't add stuff like another game's music, I'm sure that also breaks a lot of contracts and thus would be unsupported. You can however download it from youtube and play it with a music player in the background.

Caliger is focusing efforts on balancing, and the new ships will be mostly what we are trying to do currently.

The Neptune is yes, hopefully going to be added.

Sweet! Are you guys editing the point value if ships as well?

last edited by Neighbor Kid

Caliger is handling that, so far it seems for most races it is a small point decrease, except for the elves and tau where some ships cost a bit more.

It is still in flux, but there either will be a total rebalance with the mod, or a separate version with the new values.

So far, space marines have gotten one step better accuracy, which helps them out somewhat, especially Strike Cruisers and Battlebarges.

The answer is more cimplicated.
Fleets that felt too small in vanilla (like IN), got global price reductions, while factions that could bring too many ships or had too much value (like DarkEldar) got a lot of price hikes. Overall there is not a ship in the game that has not been touched on the price front.

As for weapons: crit chances, damage, reload, range ect; they have all been changed and adjusted to better suit specific roles or simply to more accurately fit to their descriptions in the fluff. Some factions got closer attention than others, but very few have not received at least some weapon tweaking.

Health Pools and Mobility have also seen changes, by far the most dramatic being the Necrons, which with the rework will have the highest hp of any faction and the highest speed/mobility of any faction that isn't Eldar.

The only question is whether this is worthy of its own mod, or if it should all be rolled into one big mod with the new ships that are planned; adjusted to suit the new balance.

last edited by CALiGeR_Reborn

Have it come out for demo. Then add ships over time?

Have some internal testers. Might look into expanding this test group, but it will be mostly closed.

@caliger_reborn
I would say that you probably need to make two versions with new ships and without just editing the balance, because new ships can be very cheese. And then you know all these fan ships from the compendium 2011 were so-so

I hope this will work with coop campaign you guys guys release!