Suggestions For Issues That Need To Solved In Beta

Here is a list of the current problems I've found:

Problems with Multiplayer:

• There is no server lobby. Only ranked and skirmish.
  • Only one game type capture the flag for ranked.
  • No option to change size of fleet. Ideally need an option to set funds seperately for both teams
  • Can only play 2v2 in ranked or in skirmish if you invite a friend. Not 2v2 with 3 bots or 2v2 with a random player.
  • Balance of multiplayer is way off. Tyranids are definitely the strongest. Against AI you can take out a whole fleet with one cheap ship.

Problems with UI:

• No ability to make your ships follow each other in a line. Like ships of the line are meant to do. You know the whole tactic Battlefleet Gothic was built on. You need to be able to group your ships then toggle for the to follow one after another or spread out in a horizontal line. Like group formations.
  • Should be able to toggle on lines defining the boundaries of asteroids and fog clouds. Sometimes you are not crashing into rocks but you still take damage since you can't see the boundary.
  • In multiplayer battles the way you have to go into a different screen for fleet building is really weird. Should have been done so that you build your fleet on the lobby screen.
  • After a 2v2 against ai battle game tends to kick out the non-host player leading to them having to rejoin after each match.

I think that is all I can think of right now. Most people are focusing on balance but I think there is a lot of U.I. and multiplayer fixes that need to be done that aren't related to balance.

If you have any other suggestions let me know and I will add them to the list.

I would love for formations to be an actualk thing, line abreast line ahead all of that and specifically for thast to be useful I would like to see an option for friendly fire to be turned on as a skirmish setting. THAT makes the game harder and actually more tactical especially in team games.

Regarding seeing the boundaries of asteroids and gas clouds, if you double tap Alt you will see the outlines, just like in BFG A1

Personally I would like to see an additional option for a larger amount of fleet points for 2v2.

Small battle: 600 Points
MediumBattle: 700
Large Battle: 1000 points per player.

(If the game dies then someone will mod this in but it really should be you Tindalos and people will stick around)

At least allow a player to field 2 battleships or 3-4 top end cruisers if they want in Skirmish at least.

My biggest wish would be to code in an extra player per side so battles could be 3v3. Not including more players in different ways was a massive missed opportunity by Tindalos.

Standard RTS games have 4v4 and that is what the scope should have been expanded to.

Also agree heavily with choosing you fleet before the battle.

You pick faction>enter lobby> can chat with opponent and teamate and then form plan and choose fleet knowing what factions you are against.

Again AT LEAST have this in skirmish. If this game wants longevity then these are exactly the sorts of fun things that keep players playing

Other really important things are solving many people's Monitor resolution issues and providing support for widescreen, ultrawide and triple monitor users out of courtesy as almost every games company does this.

Don't cut corners please.

last edited by Orkan

@fpssansom said in Suggestions For Issues That Need To Solved In Beta:

Should be able to toggle on lines defining the boundaries of asteroids and fog clouds. Sometimes you are not crashing into rocks but you still take damage since you can't see the boundary.

press alt twice for that.